Operations Supervisor - UPS Freight
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
North Reading, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONUPS Freight, a leader in the LTL trucking industry, is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to produce maximum profit while providing excellent service to the customer. This individual oversees and is directly involved in more than one of the following operations; dock, P&D, and Road Dispatch, including, but not limited to, customer service, productivity, quality freight handling, claims prevention, load average, and safety.
This person will be responsible to:
* Manage, plan, organize, and direct all employees assigned to them
* Manage and implement security and loss prevention procedures
* Prepare and manage safety procedures in accordance with Company, OSHA, and DOT guidelines
* Prepare and implement action plans to ensure the service center achieves planned productivity, load average, cube utilization, and service targets.
* Work with Central Dispatch to develop a linehaul plan to effectively and efficiently move freight to destinations within Company service standards
* Schedule employees in accordance with hours planning, the Company s run bid process, and service requirements
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity