Operations Supervisor - Wrenches
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Operations Value Stream Supervisor is responsible for driving continuous and significant improvements in the areas of safety, quality, customer service excellence, cost, and inventory within their value stream. This will be achieved by developing a world class organization and methodically implementing the strategic objectives (a unique combination of strategic planning, strategy deployment, lean management/manufacturing techniques).
Essential Job Functions
* Drive rapid, significant and sustainable improvement in on-time delivery and lead-time.
* Develop and execute a manufacturing strategy that supports the division s overall market-driven business strategy. Specifically, lead expansion of highly successful point of impact manufacturing and delivery models.
* Lead regular strategy deployment & KPI reviews for the manufacturing team ensuring attainment of results and a sense of urgency with respect to the strategic implementation priorities.
* Passionately drive continuous improvement culture while implementing the strategic Roadmap to achieve breakthrough performance in Customer Excellence, Manufacturing Growth, Process Excellence and a Culture of Outperformance.
* Build an outstanding team and evolve the organizational structure, as needed, in order to meet and exceed objectives.
* Ensure key manufacturing metrics and key performance indicator systems are consistently tracking the appropriate measures and driving appropriate response behaviors.
* Periodically present plans and actual results, as well as strategy deployment and KPI progress. Take aggressive action to drive financial performance in the areas of direct and indirect labor, manufacturing overhead cost, and inventory levels.
* Partner with Plant Operation Manager to coordinate manufacturing functions with sales, marketing, design engineering, and other departments.
* Ensure effective allocation of resources across all areas of the operation to accomplish customer-driven priorities.
* Partner with Management to ensure the best possible product and customer satisfaction.
* Play an active and significant role in the S&OP process.
* Continually benchmark best practices and implement as appropriate.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering or related field required.
* 5 10 years operations leadership experience with a demonstrated track record of significant performance improvement required.
* Experience in lean culture development and lean tool implementation required.
* Manufacturing experience in metal fabrication, finishing/machining, and assembly preferred.
* Highly customer responsive.
* Resourceful, combining strong manufacturing and technical abilities with overall management acumen.
* Ability to effectively deploy resources to key priorities.
* Sets high expectations (driven by metrics and countermeasures) for self and the organization.
* Ability and passion to rapidly learn and utilize the business system and achieve objectives.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
* Autonomous and self-directed.
* High degree of credibility and integrity.
In the near term, achieving significant and quantifiable improvement in lead-times and on-time delivery will be the main criteria for success. Over the longer term, key success criteria include:
* Developing a highly talented manufacturing organization.
* Driving significant lean transformation of the manufacturing operation.
* Achieving breakthrough and continuous improvements in working capital, quality, delivery, and cost.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.