Operations Support / Trade Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: OPERATIONS SUPPORT
The products supported are predominately Fixed Income and Equity derivatives, Repo and TBA.
The role reports directly to the Head of Baltimore for Collateral Management Operations, located in Baltimore, MD.
With the increased product complexity and expanding volumes, the Collateral Team faces a number of challenges in ensuring the scalability of the department's functions are maintained with optimal controls and efficiency.
In addition to the margining function, there is a continual focus on actively managing disputes and their respective reconciliations, maintaining an oversight of controls and ensuring an on-going review of the procedures and processes that have been set forth.
The core focus of Management is to ensure Analysts and Managers alike are collateral experts capable of engaging with business stakeholders on all aspects of the collateral function.
This is reflected in the scope of functions and responsibilities as well as the skill sets required.
This role can be broken down into:
* Reviewing trading exposures, ensuring requirements are correct and clients are called for collateral.
* Ensuring controls are monitored and exceptions are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
* Managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis, providing service to Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Broker Dealers and other Financial Institutions.
* Liaising with Risk partners and the Financing Desk on high value/high risk collateral movements.
* Mitigating Risk via margin call generation across a numerous product types governed under collateralized agreements.
* Control reporting, reconciliation and analysis with respective custodians, GL and Collateral system.
* System enhancement and interaction with IT partner
- Bachelor's Degree - analytical, financial or mathematically related subject favored.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, being able to communicate clearly and concisely, moderating style and delivery to suit different parties.
- Candidate should be able to organize themselves efficiently, keep track of multiple outstanding items and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstration in their past work experience of robust analytical skills, high attention to detail and process improvement.
- Candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiatives as well as being a solid team player and be effective in delegating work to his/her team.