Operations Team Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONA well respected global company in Ogden, Utah is seeking a hands-on and effective Team Manager to oversee their growing swing shift! This position is highly visible and technical position that is crucial to our company's success. You will have the opportunity lead, improve and grow your division. You will be responsible for overseeing that the area is maintained including personnel, operations, safety, quality, maintenance and housekeeping, etc. You will take appropriate measures to ensure that this is done which often involves a broad range of functions and responsibilities.
* Motivating employees to ensure that work is properly performed, quality standards are achieved, schedules are met and safety practices are followed.
* Fostering and building an environment and an attitude of teamwork.
* Assessing the needs and providing for the training of personnel.
* Performing other functions deemed necessary by management.
MANAGEMENT OF OPERATIONS INCLUDING:
* Proper organization of work and good inventory management.
* Ensuring that the proper parts/ materials are available and used on jobs.
Ensuring that the area meets required levels of production and set appropriate goals and objectives as necessary.* Ensuring that operations are properly performed (i.e.: in accordance with job order, work order, drawings, prints, etc.).
* Ensuring that systems operations are properly done and in a timely fashion (i.e.: closing of work orders and job orders).
* Properly maintaining paperwork and files in designated area.
* Updating computer operation system for jobs performed in designated area.
* Ensuring productivity targets are achieved.
* Reporting key measurements to Manufacturing Business Manager for responsible areas.
MAINTENANCE OF AREA INCLUDING:
* Organization and cleanliness of area (basic housekeeping). Ensuring that equipment is maintained in proper functioning order.
* Identifying and correcting problems and potential problems within designated area.
* Directly supervises 5 to 35 employees in various manufacturing departments.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering
* 3-5years within a heavy industrial setting as a strong contributor to the success of the manufacturing and production departments.
* Previous experience successfully leading and implementing LEAN initiatives and process improvements.