This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Operation Technician SimplexGrinnell
About the role:
* Service fire alarm systems, intrusion, CCTV, and building access control and sound intercom systems.
* Install, repair and alter electrical systems for all locations.
* Determine procedural changes, tools, materials and equipment.
* Wiring new equipment according to blueprints and also troubleshooting existing systems.
* Repair electronic components using electronic test equipment and replacement parts.
* Diagnose and repair and/or replace damaged or broken wires, cables and faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, and control panels.
* Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and electrical systems of industrial machinery and facilities in accordance with electrical code specifications, blueprints, manuals, and electrical schematics and diagrams.
* Maintain and update schematics, drawings, and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of those changes.
* Be proficient at servicing, maintaining and programming fire alarm systems, security systems, nurse call, intercom and CCTV systems.
Who were looking for:
* Five (5) years of experience in interior and exterior wiring and the repair of electrical equipment and appliances.
* Must have NICET II and IA State License
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Excellent Industrial Electrical Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills.
* Good customer interaction skills and the ability to think on your feet are required.
* Ability to communicate with various company personnel and co-workers in regards to work orders.
* Must pass pre-screening processes (background, drug, reference screening) required.