Operator B (12-Hour)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Buckeye Partners L.P.
Bay City, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE SUMMARY:
Assist in the overall operation and maintenance of the pipeline and associated facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* FIELD OPERATIONS. Maintaining and repairing of all equipment associated with company operations; keeping facilities in good working order and acceptable appearance to meet or exceed company standards.
* PRODUCT CONTROL. Receiving and storing of petroleum products, following all pipeline and/or salt dome storage cavern receiving and product sampling procedures.
* REGULATORY COMPLIANCE. Staying aware of all environmental regulations, safety directives and operating procedures so that the Company can assure compliance and ensuring that management is apprised of any area or issue that should be addressed regarding regulatory compliance including environmental, health and safety.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE. Maintaining a good relationship with all customers and responding to their inquiries and needs as required.
* EMERGENCY RESPONSE. Responding to related emergencies and participating in annual emergency response training drills.
* INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEMS. Maintaining all computer inventory control systems.
* And other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 2+ years related experience in pipeline and/or salt dome storage cavern operations preferred.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
* None required
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
* In order to be successful in this position, one must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent analytical skills.
* Good communication and problem-solving skills are also required.
* This position requires someone who can work well under pressure and has a strong commitment to safety.
PHYSICAL & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
* This person must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response.
* Position may require exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous environments and require the physical stamina to climb tanks, work long hours in the field and wear a respirator. *Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.