Operator Technician III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
San Jose, CA
Responsible for start, stop and monitoring of equipment including reading gauges and meters and recording activities in operating logs and records. Uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters. Performs a variety of plant maintenance tasks including diagnosis, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment in a safe, efficient and economical manner. Performs overhaul maintenance and system improvement tasks. Performs chemical analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling and condensate systems, and maintains chemistry logs. Incumbents assist in the development of standard operational procedures and provide input to plant betterment items to improve plant efficiency, reliability and safety. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Regularly required to maintain plan security, operate heavy equipment such as manlifts and forklifts, and handle and transfer bulk chemicals.
* Senior-level; recognized technical expertise in own and possibly related functions.
* Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
* Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical issues.
* Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
* Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results are of the highest quality standards and advanced technical competency.
* Errors may be serious, usually not subject to direct verification or check.
* Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
* Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with Team Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in resolution of complex issues.
* Works under limited supervision.
* Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
* Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in complex technical areas.
* High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent.
* Senior-level; generally 10+ years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
* Preferred experience with Mark VI Control System, Emerson Ovation Control System, LM6000 Combustion Turbine, Steam Turbine and MAXIMO CMMS.
* Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration appliances. Experience with machinery repair and control systems.
* Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
* Advanced certifications/licensures. Valid state driver s license.
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm