Operator-Tow Truck Texas Hobby
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Load, operate and unload trucks (car haulers and/or tractor trailer haulers) used in pick up (tow in) and delivery (tow out) of salvage vehicles to and from designated loacations. Operate trucks over public roads in a safe and secure manner consistent with company policies and procedures and in adherence with applicable local, state and US Department
* Review assignments for location of the tow in or tow out and verify company truck is ready for safe operation and verify transported vehicle information including make, model, color, VIN, missing parts, etc.
* Load and unload vehicles from transport truck by use of winch, chains, blocks, electric controls, etc.
* Secure vehicles and vehicle parts with chains, straps or other safe means
* Drive truck to assigned destinations to include maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in confined loading/unloading situations
* Complete and submit all required documentation associated with transport including: truck condition report, driver s daily logs (if required), fuel purchase logs and mileage logs
Education & Specialized Knowledge
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Valid applicable driver's license (2, 3, and 4-car haulers require valid Commercial Class B license; 7-car tractor trailer haulers require valid Commercial Class A license)
* Appropriate Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
* Current Medical Examiner s Certification (DOT Physical Card)
* Working knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, bottle to throttle, rest time, inspection and maintenance
* Knowledge of basic vehicle safety practices, inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil, fluid levels, and exterior vehicle lights
* Attention to detail
* Able to meet daily deadlines efficiently, work well under stress, and in inclement weather conditions
* Knowledge of geographic areas of operation by the type of transport driven (in-town, in- state and interstate and vehicle size)
* Basic computer and data entry skills required
* Experienced 1 to 3 years of towing and commercial truck driving experience preferred
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit http://www.coxautoinc.com/.
Primary Location:US-TX-Houston-8215 Kopman Dr
Job Level:Individual Contributor