This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: Loop Office 2 days per week, Main downtown Chicago Office 3 days per week
Interviews patients and documents histories. Performs technical workups, patient histories and special testing (Refractions w/ retinoscopy, Lensometry, Keratometry, Tonometry, Visual Fields, Amslers, Muscle Testing, Pupil Exams, Topography, OCT, IOL Master / Ascans, Fundus Photos). Assists the physician with patient care, minor surgery, scribes. Communicates with patients (follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, changes in schedule, symptoms, surgery scheduling, etc.), returns phone calls (patients, pharmacies). Maintains and cleans equipment, reports equipment deficiencies to management. May perform other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent.
* Basic Life Support (American Heart Association) certification.
* Certified Ophthalmic Assistant certification within one year of hire date (applicants who have obtained a Doctor of Medicine degree are exempt from the COA requirement).
* Zero (0) to two (2) years experience in a relevant role.
* Two years related experience (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
* Surgical assistance experience.