Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Spectrum Healthcare Resources
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilian Ophthalmology Technician -Laser Eye at USAFA in Colorado Springs, CO.
This contract position offers:
- Opportunity to care for Military Families
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
The Position will have the following requirements:
- Shall be able to read, understand, speak, and write English well enough to communicate effectively and shall be a United States citizen.
- FORMAL EDUCATION. Ophthalmology Technician shall have a minimum of a high school Diploma or GED Equivalent and 2-3 years experience in refractive surgery. Certified Ophthalmic Assistant from an accredited program is preferred. This individual shall be current in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the entire duration of the contract.
- CERTIFICATION. Certification of an ophthalmic assistant from Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel program in Ophthalmology is preferred.
- EXPERIENCE. The Ophthalmology Technician must have at least 2-3 years experience, in the last 4 years as an ophthalmology assistant.
- Shall be trained and have the ability to use and maintain an autorefractor, phoropter, auto and manual keratometer, tonopen, Humphrey and Goldman visual field machine, corneal topographer, A-scan machine, pachymeter, specular microscope, ophthalmic photography equipment, slit lamp, potential acuity meter, brightness acuity test, color vision plates, stereo vision test, and personnel computers.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology to interpret departmental instructions/guidelines and to provide instructions.
- Must be able to type 30 to 40 words per minute and be proficient with data entry into Microsoft Excel.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, and status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran. Additionally, we will make reasonable accommodations for an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran employee or applicant for employment unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship on the operation of our business.