Optical Software Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
Murray Hill, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
The WDM product group is the worlds number one producer of WDM equipment. This team is enabling the technology to further enhance network flexibility and operational automation in a very fast growing and competitive environment.
Currently, the WDM product group has an opportunity for a Software Developer on the 1830 PSS embedded software development team.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
1. Develop application software in C for embedded software.
2. Participate in integration and validation teams
3. Support customer and product support teams
Specialized knowledge required:
- Working Experience on embedded system development (one or more of the following: VxWorks, OSE, VRTX, Nucleus
- Extensive experience developing C software on carrier grade products
- Working experience with C /C programming
- Some familiarity with Agile practices and processes
- Working experience with Linux/Unix development
- Experience developing Python & Tcl/Tk (in addition to CC ) is a plus
- Strong capability to learn new technical areas and products and to work with many different personalities of individuals,
ensuring project commitments are met on time and with high quality.
- Carrier grade IP/Packet knowledge an asset
- Superior communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Understanding of Real Time OS programming and SW architecture, FPGA and ASIC design and applications.
Qualifications Qualifications -
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
Bachelor/Masters in Telecommunications/Electronics/Computer Science/Optics
Required work experience:
5 or more years of relevant experience in Telecommunications
- Shall be able to work with globally distributed teams in different time zones. Shall be reasonably flexible to work anytime as required to accommodate different time-zones.
- Shall be a good blend of people skills, technical depth and business knowledge.
- Likes to work on technical problems.
- Flexible attitude, persistent team player.
- Solutions oriented.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.