Optum Consulting Vice President, Medicaid Solutions Consulting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNo industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.(SM)
Optum Consulting is the health and human services consulting organization within Optum. We offer our clients solutions that range from financial advisory services to operations, process, technology, and information management innovation and optimization. Optum Consulting is rapidly expanding and we are seeking top healthcare consulting professionals to join the organization.
The health care markets are evolving in many different ways and the role and impact of the Medicaid is becoming increasingly important as health plans and providers look for new ways to grow and manage risk. In particular, the ability to manage medical cost through care management interventions or network management strategies is critical to the success of these organizations. Optum is seeking a senior consulting leader to provide thought leadership and expertise in the Medicaid market. This position is responsible for the identification of consulting opportunities and development of Medicaid- focused consulting solutions in the areas of LTSS, HCBS, Duals Population, Complex Care, Population Health, and provider sponsored organizations taking on risk for the most complex Medicaid populations.
As a Vice President within our organization you will have the opportunity to perform the following types of activities:
MEDICAID MARKET PLANNING AND THOUGHT LEADERSHIP (25% TIME ALLOCATION):
* Industry thought leader around LTSS, Dual Eligible, Complex Care, Population health and provider sponsored organization strategies and analytics in the Medicaid market
* Define Medicaid states market needs & gaps to current capabilities (matrix with Marketing and Sales teams)
* Define Points of View for best practices and develop key performance indicators to show value
* Work with government relations to understand regulatory opportunities/risks and align government relations with long-term marketing and delivery plan
* Identify and develop consulting offerings, products, services solutions that align with key market needs and or client initiatives
* Determine pricing models and options for new solutions
SALES SUPPORT (25% TIME ALLOCATION):
* Develop proposals and statements of work for client specific engagements
* Participate, support and complete RFI, RFP and sales process
* Complete financial analysis for proposed solutions
* Builds Medicaid Marketing and Sales Collateral
* Attends and participates in oral presentation
PROGRAM OVERSIGHT make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.(SM)
_Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law._
_UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment._