Oracle Application Architect 9/1/2016
IT Consulting/Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT FOR APPLICATION ARCHITECT (ORACLE):
The Application Architect reports to the Technical Lead/Release Manager. They are responsible for ensuring adherence to contractual obligations and project best practices associated with non-production environment. In addition, the individual in this position evaluates vendors' movements such as; database upgrades, middleware changes, etc., and advises management on issues/risks associated with such changes. They recommends process improvements and oversees the activities of theArchitect Review Board.
* Monitors vendors' technical activities related to hosting infrastructure to ensure adherence to contractual obligations and industry best practices associated with non-production environments;
* Provides metrics and status reports on non-production environments performance quality, trouble tickets, issues resolution, etc.
* Evaluates vendors' technical roadmap; provides input on infrastructure implementations such as database upgrades, middleware changes, etc. Advises on risks/risk management strategy for such implementing these strategies;
* Oversee the activities of the Architecture Review Board;
* Evaluate vendors' technical documentation for software releases and provides feedback to improve the quality of these contractual deliverables;
* Recommends process improvements associated with vendors' practices for maintaining the non-production environments;
* Reviews and provides feedback on detailed technical architecture documentation;
* Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the project;
* Provides technical solution recommendations. Act as highest level technical expert: partners with software and infrastructure providers to realize strategic goals; addresses aspects of architectural complexity, compatibility and platform diversity;
* Appraises IT and business partners of technologies and trends; proactively identifies opportunities for using technology for realizing business and IT strategy;
* Engages in architectural governance processes; conducts peer review of artifacts developed by other architects, designers and technology partners;
* Works with Solution Integrator to ensure systems meet critical non-functional needs;
* Liaises with vendors to ensure systems and integrations remain cohesive and adequately support enterprise wide purpose, reuse and scalability;
* Assists in troubleshooting technical problems within the hosting infrastructure;
* Acts as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent;
* Produces as required and requested such documentation, diagrams and other architectural artifacts that may be required by the project.
This is a new position to help with additional work flow.
REQUIRED SKILLS FOR APPLICATION ARCHITECT (ORACLE):
Extensive experience with Oracle technology (such as Fusion Middleware, databases, etc)
Bachelor's Degree (or higher) with 5-7+ years' of professional experience
Experience with Java and/or .NET technology (experience with one or the other is ok)
SQL and/or PL/SQL experience
Web Services experience (XML, DOSP, RESTful, SOA, etc)
DESIRED SKILLS (NOT REQUIRED BUT YOU WILL GET EXPOSURE TO SOME OF THESE):
Experience working with a healthcare or government environment
Experience performing an Oracle update project, ideally from 11g to 12c
Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
Must be able to pass a background check
Must be able to pass a drug test