Oracle DBA 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for ORACLE DBA for our client in BOSTON, MA
JOB TITLE: ORACLE DBA
JOB LOCATION: BOSTON, MA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Client is seeking an experienced application DBA to support multiple development teams.
* The DBA must have sold understanding and experience working with Oracle and various tools that are used to support the environment.
* The DBA will serve as a lead and provide guidance to developers as needed.
* The DBA will provide daily operational support as well as special projects.
* The DBA will be responsible for creating the necessary architecture and providing on call support.
* Beyond the basic DBA roles of Regulatory Compliance Support, Team Interface Support, Strategic Capacity Planning and Proof of Concept (POC ) Model Support in additional to providing DB Design / Logical Data Modeling, Application DB Administration, SQL Support, DB Design / Physical Data Modeling, Testing Support, Security Support, DR / Backup / Recovery - Planning & Implementation, and Application Performance Monitoring and Tuning.
* Comply with federal and state laws as well as any policies, requirements, or standards, individual agencies, our DBA teams, and ITD.
* Interface with management, database users, operations, systems administration, vendors, and various support groups. Tasks may include providing technology reviews and summaries, making recommendations, and instructing staff in the best use of their databases.
* Perform database high level capacity planning, required for long term procurements and implementation.
* Develop working Proof of Concept models when required
* Create DB Objects for Development and Test Databases only. As application software migrates beyond the Test environment, provide database Object / DDL scripts to the System DBA team to migrate those constructs to upper environments. Perform database problem analysis and correction.
* Establish standards and best practices for SQL to be used by applications teams. Interact with and coach developers in SQL scripting. Analyze data access options and ensure efficient SQL are utilized.
* Provide DBA support (doing standard DBA tasks) to other teams that do applications testing.
* Translate logical data models into a physical models, using performance based denormalization, volumetrics, etc. to select appropriate storage formats, structures, and hardware (e.g. servers, storage, networks, etc.). This includes the effective use of indexes and enabling "Parallel Query" execution or other DBMS specific features if appropriate. Implementations should include any required auditing and timestamp columns and other mechanisms required to satisfy requirements.
* Implement DBMS security - add / remove users and related access permissions (not application security), administering quotas, auditing, and checking for security problems. The formal source of all user add/modify/drop permissions should be the application sponsor and security team staff - the DBA teams should merely implement those decisions.
* Work with operations and systems admin teams to create backup and recovery strategies for databases. Support those teams to help develop and administer the disaster recovery plan (DR).
* Perform database performance monitoring and tuning, using automated toolsets and manual inspections as needed. Take corrective actions when appropriate.
* Perform database version updates as required for support from vendor.
* Working in conjunction with data architects he / she is responsible for: using a formalized methodology, analyze information needs, and select appropriate technical solutions including choice of a database management system as well as the development of logical data models.
* Procedures and techniques may include logical data modeling, entity relationship diagramming, and database normalization.
* Design considerations should identify needs for advanced database functionalities such as replication, standby databases, clustering, partitioning, security features (encryption or otherwise), and data warehousing functionalities.