Oracle DBA 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 39506
* Bachelor's degree
* 5+ years as Oracle DBA in a large enterprise environment
* Knowledge of Oracle11g is required.
* Knowledge of UNIX, UNIX scripting,
* Oracle physical database organization
* Versatile in reading and writing Oracle procedural language: Oracle packages
* Stored procedures
* Performance tuning , including performance tuning of user ad-hoc queries
* Practical experience in database replication using Golden Gate, backup and recovery
* Working knowledge of Oracle RAC
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment - maturity to accept direction.
* Professionalism in dealing with peers and end-users in varied scenarios
* Expertise in trouble-shooting and resolution of production problems and issues as they arise - addressing technical challenges.
* Ability to work off-hours for system upgrades, emergencies.
* Demonstrable experience with change management processes and procedures.
* Experience in using RMAN and DataGuard
* Familiar with Oracle Enterprise Manager
* Knowledge of Oracle partitioning, ability to create and maintain partition scripts using UNIX scripting, SQL and PL/SQL techniques
* Experience with Oracledatabase upgrades and application of quarterly Oracle CPU patches
* Experience with active/passive Clustering and replication products, Tivoli and other monitoring tools
* Proactive database system monitoring: CPU, memory and disk utilization
* Practical experience in database replication, backup and recovery
* Ability to implement scripts for backup, disaster recovery and integrity checks
* Intimate knowledge of Oracle and ANSI SQL
* Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems
* Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service.
* Oracle Certified Professional preferred.
KNOWLEDGE OF FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES IS A PLUS:
* Oracle application Server
* Microsoft SQLServer
* Databases supporting ERP systems