This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Transamerican Auto Parts
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
TRANSAMERICAN AUTO PARTS is a multi-national, multi-channel distributor (retail, Wholesale, e-commerce and catalog) of aftermarket automotive parts as well as a manufacturer of several branded product lines. We are looking for a DYNAMIC ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR to join our team!
The ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR will work closely with the application architect and product management team regarding data modeling methodologies. The ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR will also be responsible for database designs, data warehouse and data dictionary. The ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR will also be responsible for database development, data normalization and de-normalization and performing database tuning for software platform and CRM applications.
This opportunity will be located at our CORPORATE OFFICE IN COMPTON, CA in the GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.
* Implements database solution using Oracle 11g in Linux and MS Windows;
* Manages and configures the optimum environment for the Database server;
* Manages the data warehouse for the enterprise;
* Defines strategy for database architecture in terms of scalability, high availability, data security, encryption logic and change management;
* Provides technical leadership to the team in all aspects of database design, structure, and usage;
* Provides expertise and develop strategies for incorporating technological advances into products;
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge with current and emerging database technologies;
* Performs database change control;
* Develops PL/SQL queries and procedure to support ad-hoc data need;
* Performs data analysis for any business need;
* Provides performance tuning for mission critical CRM applications;
* Sets up backup procedure and policy for the enterprise;
* Plans and manages the logical and physical storage space;
* Maintains database design document and data dictionary;
* Administers/patches Oracle Financials on MS Windows platform;
* Monitors and fine tunes MS SQL server performance;
* 10+ years experience in architecture, design and development of logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments;
* 5+ years experience as Database Architect for high-volume commercial web hosted applications or enterprise application;
* 5+ years experience with Physical database design, including data layout and performance tuning;
* Expert in PL/SQL, database design and performance tuning;
* 3+ years experience in data warehouse methodologies, OLTP, OLAP and DSS implementations;
* 5+ years Oracle DBA experience;
* 3+ years SQL Server DBA experience;
* Familiar with database management tools and applications such as TOAD, OEM, ERWIN;
* 3+ years supporting, developing and implementing financial and/or procurement components of an ERP application;
* Data migration and change management;
* Familiar with Database monitor tools;
* Demonstrate the ability to think outside the box and to 'see the big picture;
* Be detail-oriented and result-focused with total commitment to team success, excellence, and quality assurance;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English to work with Database Architect, Development Team and other members of our organization directly;
* Oracle ATG and MS SQL experience is a big plus;
* BSCS, BSEE or equivalent years of work experience;
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
PLEASE PROVIDE SALARY HISTORY AND CURRENT SALARY EXPECTATIONS
NOTE: RESUMES RECEIVED WITHOUT SALARY HISTORY MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration ("SSA") and U.S. Department of Homeland Security ("DHS").