This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: ORACLE DBA - DIRECT HIRE / FULLTIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: PLANO, TX
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
"US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
Responsible for enterprise Oracledatabase-specific projects, including discovery, design, build, implementation and project management. Works on multiple programs as subject matter expert or project team leader.
* Contributes and drives technical standards developing and documenting the framework for integration and implementation of data solutions in the enterprise, incorporating appropriate review and advice on risk, costs versus benefits and impacts on the business processes and goals.
* Provides subject matter expertise for multiple, large cross functional projects collaborating on planning, design and implementation of the solution balancing enterprise goals with organizational impacts.
* Mentors and coaches technical staff on data management methodologies, solutions, tools, process adoption and service management; leads creation of appropriate documentation and information training to facilitate knowledge transfer in the IT organization.
* Acts in conjunction with the Enterprise Architecture organization to advise middle and senior management on advanced technologies, concepts and capabilities influencing technology adoption and standards in the management team and project decisions for benefit of the enterprise.
* Drives commoditization and automation of the enterprise data management environment through leadership and creation of an appropriate framework of monitoring, standards, policies and procedures.
* Performs related duties as assigned. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
* Install, configure and support Oracledatabases for Business Systems environments
* Monitor database space and capacity, estimate sizing and growth requirements
* Performs ongoing database performance tuning, including review pursue short and long-term problem resolution and root cause analysis
* Collaborate with application and infrastructure teams to solve database level issues including availability and stability of the database environments
* Work with vendors and application support teams to gather information, determine and implement resolutions
* Proactively research and identify database level patches and upgrades
* Provide 24/7 support
* Maintain standard operating procedures specifically focused on stable database environments
* Develop and maintain shell scripts required for database monitoring and performance metrics.
* Implements and enforces security for all of the OracleDatabases.
* Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
* Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
* Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
* Provides technical support to application development teams. This is usually in the form of a help desk. The DBA is usually the point of contact for Oracle Corporation.
* Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
* Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
* Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
* Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
* Create new database users as required.
* Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
* Performs capacity planning required to create and maintain databases. The DBA works closely with system administration staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the OracleDatabases.
* Produces and maintains monthly database SLA metric reports for publishing to Sr. IT Management.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science/Technology or Engineering, or equivalent relevant work experience
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written
* At least 3-5years of experience in Oracle administration
* Experience managing large and mission critical databases
* Must have working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Enterprise Manager 12c, and RMAN
* Proficiency in performance and tuning of large database environment
* Good UNIX Shell scriptingexperience
* Oracle OCP Certification is a plus
* Experience in a pharmaceutical environment a plus.
* Hands on experience with Oracle Exadata a plus.