Oracle Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBASIC FUNCTION:
Perform Oracle data base configuration, monitoring, tuning, and maintenance to ensure a stable, reliable, and highly available database environment.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
* Perform all aspects of Database Administration with Oracle 11G/12C.
* Ongoing database maintenance, performance tuning, installation and backup/recovery of Oracle databases running on Linux.
* Provide 24x7 on-call support as part of a rotational schedule.
* Experience with creation of a backup strategy for database and recovery using RMAN
* Ability to create and review detailed documentation including, but not limited to, installation, configuration, migrations, patching, security, training and upgrades.
* Experience in SQL and PL/SQL development including thorough knowledge of Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers
* Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager and Grid
* Skill to perform database tuning at both SQL statement and system level.
* Ability to be a team player, working alongside DBAs of another DBMS.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical staff.
USEFUL ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE:
* Any experience with Microsoft SQL Server would be a plus.
* Exposure to any of the following is a plus: Oracle Financials Accounting Hub (FAH), Oracle Product Data Management (PDM) and Oracle Value Chain Planning (VCP).