Oracle Developer (Enterprise Business Systems) (CA, Ventura)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
As an Oracle Developer you will be an integral part of the team working to on both frontend and backend development. Our team is focused on the development of forms, views and interfaces for enterprise business systems with our customer (US Navy). The team is working to evolve the Business Intelligence environment through the creation and enhancement of new and existing tools. The successful developer will have the ability to work on multiple projects and requires this mental dexterity. The development environment consists of Java, C#, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, CSS, UNIX scripting, Oracle 10g & 11g in addition to new technologies that may be introduced. Knowledge or familiarity with reporting tools such as Discoverer, Cognos or others may be helpful but not required. The role will provide development exposure to a custom environment spanning 24+ databases with global reach supporting the enterprise business needs of an extremely large DoD customer for which we, VSolvit is charged with supporting.
* Oracle Developer responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining complex Java and PL/SQL applications built off of Oracle 11g/WebLogic environment
* Perform development in a multi-contractor, Government workspace
* Develop documentation for application and code
* Working with users and application stakeholders to verify and validate requirement
* Working with other Java/Oracle Developers and DBA s to collaborate on application development
* Prescribe standards to simplify interpretation of programs and documentations as well as supervise the preparation of records and reports
* Require detailed and comprehensive knowledge of employer's applications and systems
* Possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude
* Knowledge in writing packages/procedures for Java facing applications
* Write database triggers, PL/SQL, and packages according to the business requirements
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Minimum 2+ years of C#/Java development experience
* 2+ years Oracle experience
* Experience using standard SDLC methodologies.
* Knowledge of good enterprise application development practices and architecture preferred.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills a plus.
* Experience using Microsoft Office tools, understanding workflows and requirements/design documentation.
* Development experience with complex systems within Oracle 10g / 11g environment
* Past experience with PowerBuilder could also be helpful but not required
* Experience working under CMMI Level 3 standards
* Use of reporting tags
**Due to Government contract, US Citizenship is required**
* Public Trust or higher security clearance preferred but not required.
* Candidate must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust or higher security Clearance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Citizenship required.
Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret clearance as a condition of employment.
Oracle Developer (Enterprise Business Systems)
Number of Openings
Proposal Letter Of Intent (LOI)
Java, C#, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, CSS, UNIX scripting, Oracle 10g & 11g, SQL, database, CMMI, SDLC, Citizen, Ventura, California, Navy
This position is currently accepting applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer