Oracle PL / SQL Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for ORACLE PL/SQL DEVELOPER for our client in HOUSTON, TX
JOB TITLE: ORACLE PL/SQL DEVELOPER
JOB LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
6 YEARS + IN SOLID ORACLE PL/SQL DEVELOPMENT
Successful candidates should be self-driven, able to work with minimum supervision and have extensive experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, ETL processing, Reporting and background in finance and insurance.
* Analyze business requirements, propose, design and implement technical solutions
* Participate in development of the Actuarial Data Repository database and data model
* Work effectively with the Infrastructure architects and DBA teams to ensure that all approved development and deployment procedures are followed.
* Provide production support from development teams for existing systems, troubleshoot data and/or system issues
* Identify root causes and resolve data related issues
* Review and optimize query performance
* Extensive experience with database development tools (Oracle, Toad), ETL and integration technologies including DataStage and Oracle ODI
* Experience developing large scale systems
* Experience in one or more structured programming languages (C++, C#/.Net, PL/SQL, etc.)
* Experience developing interfaces to Oracle or otherSQL-based databases
* Experience working in controlled development, testing and production environments
* Experience using Agile-based methodologies (such as Extreme Programming and Scrum) within a software development function
* Experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, ETL processing
* Familiarity with standard development toolkits including source repositories (TFS), SQL interpreters (TOAD), IDEs (.Net), etc.
* Sound understanding of RDBMS
* Subject matter expertise in Derivatives/Asset Management/Capital Markets is a plus
* Experience working in UNIX/LINUX environment and shell scripts is a plus
* Basic understanding of finance, fixed income securities and derivatives
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills
* Aptitude for debugging problems in complex, unfamiliar code
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
* Solid work ethic, self-driven with the ability to work with minimal supervision
* Candidate must be willing to work in Houston, Tx