Oracle PL / SQL Programmer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION TITLE:Oracle PL/SQL programmer
PROJECT LOCATION: Huntsville, Alabama
PROJECT/CONTRACT: 4099 LOGSA LITES
DIVISION: 02- Systems and SoftwareEngineering
JOB TYPE: Full-time Job
VISA ELIGIBILITY: U.S. Citizen Only
SECURITY REQUIREMENT: _ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE A SECRET CLEARANCE OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN A CLEARANCE._
Oracle PL/SQL programmer with knowledge of creating/altering Oracle objects, modifying data, loading and exporting data from/to the Linux file system level, materialized view refresh methods, and use of external tables. Knowledge of creating and using database links is a plus. Must have a thorough grasp of basic PL/SQL programming concepts and syntax, as well as some knowledge of more advanced concepts (for example: query tuning, generating/consuming XML, use of arrays and nested tables, various index types). Must be able to analyze and understand existing large PL/SQL programs with limited documentation.
Under general supervision, designs, implements, and maintains moderately complex databases. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries and integration of systems through database design. Competent to work on most phases of database administration, but may require some instruction and guidance in other phases.
* PL/SQL Development - 1 - 2 Years
* Oracle File Watcher experience
* Perl shell scripting
* Red Hat Linux experience
* Bachelor's degreepreferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* _PHYSICAL DEMANDS_: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* _WORK ENVIRONMENT:_ The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* _OFFICE TYPE ENVIRONMENT WITH TEMPERATURE CONTROL_. May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. General office environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.