Oracle / SQL DBA
We are looking for ORACLE/SQL DBA for our client in CHARLOTTE, NC
JOB TITLE: ORACLE/SQL DBA
JOB LOCATION: CHARLOTTE, NC
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
Has 6+ years of experience in database Production support in Oracle and MS SQL Server environments.
MS SQL RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server ( 2014 to 2000)
* Experience in High availability
* Experience in troubleshooting performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
* Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU,memory,I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
* Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
* Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
* Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
* Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
* Documentation skills for processes and procedures ( creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
* SQL Database Operational support to QA and development team
* Database administration 11g, 12c
* Knowledge on RAC,GRID,Data gaurd and ASM.
* knowledge on Exadata Metrics and Alerts Architecture
* Generating report through monitoring Tools such as exachk, Exa/oswatcher, sundiag, sosreport,ILOM snapshot and its analysis
* Exadata machine maintenance tasks such as shut/start, power off/on whole and individual components
* Backup and recovery process of databases and Exadata components.
* Shell scripting to monitor the Infrastructure using the dcli and impitool packages on Exadata.
* Troubleshooting various issues on Exadata and communication between various
* Database upgrades
* Experience in global delivery
* Typical database administrative tasks include: monitoring, performance tuning, trouble-shooting, back-up and recovery, installations and configurations on as needed basis as well as applying patches and upgrades.
* Responsible for managing Development, Test, QA and Production databases and implementing future Oracle enhancements to meet the business needs of the end users.
* Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans and procedures during quarterly or as desired by business, Disaster Recovery exercise
* Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the development team
* Provide capacity planning for production/non-production database using SQL reports
* Knowledge on Exadata Database Machine Architecture and its components
* Knowledge on Exadata Networking-ib listeners, scan, bonded interfaces.
* Well aware on various failover scenarios of Exadata
* Hardware component replacements
* Key features and capabilities on Exadata
* Configuration of Exadata targets on OEM,ASR.
* Exadata Patching and upgrades for entire components of Exadata