Oracle and MSSQL Server Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for an Oracle and MSSQL Server Database Administrator to support an important government customer in Chandler, AZ.
Clearance Level (Required to Start): DHS Public Trust
Daily Job Responsibilities:
The Oracle and MSSQL Server Database Administrator is responsible for supporting and maintaining enterprise level databases within our customer's environment.
* Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server (2008 and 2012) and Oracle (12c).
* Ability to trouble shoot, resolve database problems, and performance tuning and optimization (PTO) using native monitoring/troubleshooting tools, and implementing operational automation using scripts.
* Experience with backups, restores, recovery models, Windows server including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
* Experience with BMC Remedy ARSystem, ServiceNow, SAN Replication, SQL Clustering, Database Mirroring, Application and Database Development.
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server and Oracle.
Minimum Required Skills:
* Knowledge of indexes management, statistics, reporting, query tools, and practices.
* High level understanding of the organization goals/objectives, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
* Able to prioritize/execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, present ideas in a user-friendly language, and work in a team-oriented/collaborative environment.
* Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail and technical documentation skills .
* Solid Windows server troubleshooting
* Ability to communicate with application owners to determine and fulfill their needs
Degree & Years of Experience:
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science and 10 - 12 years of IT experience. (required)
* 3-5 years IT operations in an enterprise-level environment with strong experience of database structures, theories, principles and practices. (required)
Certification Requirements: MCSE, RHCE, RCHA, OCA/OCP, CCNA (certification is preferred or must be able to obtain within 6 months after hired)
We are a 24x7x365 operation. Training is typically Monday through Friday and you will be slotted in to an opening based on business needs once you start.
Phacil is a leading provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the federal government. We continually demonstrate Commitment to our customers, Excellence in performance, and Service to the nation. Customers trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges by delivering uniquely-tailored technology solutions that maximize value and mission success.
Phacil offers a diverse range of technology services, including Software Services, Systems Engineering/Integration and Operations (SEI&O), Cyber Security and Service Desk. Our team of nearly 900 energetic, highly-skilled professionals support customers across the country and abroad.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards, including rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, to name a few.