Order Assembly Cooler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The Order Assembly Picker/Loader is responsible for
performing a variety of duties in loading, unloading,
and moving materials within or near plant, yard, or work
site. Performs any combination of receiving, storing and
distributing tasks to assist in the distribution of
* Responsible for frequently pulling and stacking
product based on daily orders. Meeting specifics of
customer orders in a timely manner.
* Responsible for operating various pieces of equipment
(i.e. Bendi, Palletizer, Dolly Loader, Pallet Wrapper,
Forklift, and Electrical Pallet Jacks).
* Responsible for keeping products separated, organized
and in good rotation.
* Monitor product quality frequently, reporting problems
to mitigate safety issues.
* Report any mechanical problems such as bad wearstrips,
plugged or missing lube nozzles, spacer stop
malfunctions, palletizer malfunctions or conveyor
* Responsible for frequently documenting and reporting;
Completing production and quality logs. Furnish accurate
counts on load tags
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues
to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience
* Forklift, Pallet Jack, and Electric Hand Held Device
* Warehouse experience preferred.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* Must be able to able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, push
or pull for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to
lift up to 50 pounds frequently and manually stack and
move cases up to 6-8 cases high.
* Must be able to work in an environment where
temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
* For ice cream plants: Must be able to work in an
environment where the temperature is maintained at minus
22 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.