Order Assembly Picker/Loader (Cooler)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
The order assembly picker/loader is responsible for
picking orders, palletizing, loading and unloading
products and/or cases, and working any station or line
that is assigned. The order assembly picker/loader works
anywhere in the Load-out/Freezer/Cooler areas that may
* Responsible for pulling products for customer orders.
* Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized
and manual equipment (when certified).
* May use hand-held tracking device
* Mark the paperwork properly when making adjustments
for product shortages.
* Keep accurate records on load sheets, inventory
sheets, scrap sheets, and computerized equipment.
* Ensure proper code date rotation.
* Keep palletizer stocked with empty pallets to permit
non-stop operation of the palletizer. [remove if no
* Report any mechanical problems such as bad wearstrips,
plugged or missing lube nozzles, spacer stop
malfunctions, palletizer malfunctions or conveyor
* Report any product/packaging issues.
* Maintain communication with other departments,
management and employees and notify them of any problems
and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible
and accurate format, and completed with required
* Ensure all required information is documented in
accordance with SOP s.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area. Report any
food safety and food quality related issues to
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: $17.85 per hour
This is a Second Shift position, the schedule for this
role is currently: 7:00 PM - 3:30 AM - Monday through
Saturday with rotating days off.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* Must be able to able to stand, walk, push or pull a
majority of the day. Must be able to lift up to 50
pounds frequently and manually stack and move cases up
to 6-8 cases high.
* Must be able to work in an environment where
temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
For ice cream plants: Must be able to work in an
environment where the temperature is maintained at minus
22 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.