Order Management Manager 8/16/2016
TRC Professional Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Order Management Manager provides scalable and cost effective order management business expertise to support the rapid growth of this company. We're looking for a candidate with strong influencing and customer service skills who is comfortable navigating ambiguity, collaborating, and building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This individual is responsible for the development, execution, analytics and reporting of key order management & logistics activities.
The ideal candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of order management and logistics with a track record of effectively coordinating shipments to/from suppliers, retail customers, and domestic warehouse. An understanding of a seasonal consumer goods category is highly desirable. Candidate must have solid knowledge of MRP/ERP system. Experience working with Home Depot a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Enables excellent customer service to Retailers by proactively developing, managing, and delivering company product and transit time targets to internal and external stakeholders
* Manages the sourcing, tracking and receipt of company import and domestically-sourced products and goods
* Oversees numerous customer delivery chains and ensures adherence to retailer-specific guidelines
* Processes and generates POs for finished goods with international suppliers
* Assists in developing and documenting the organization's order management & logistics operations
o Focuses on inbound international product flow and outbound domestic distribution activities
* Analyzes historical SKU sell-thru data and sales forecasts to formulate accurate inventory replenishment forecasts and ensure the smooth, uninterrupted flow of company products and orders to Retail customers and consumers
o Enthusiastically communicates and works with other functions within the organization (e.g.: Warehouse, Sales, etc.) to ensure seamless operation
o Optimizes logistics activities, and supports the continuous development of a system to improve efficiencies and cost effectiveness
o Develops, documents and reports key performance metrics across the supply chain
* Proven negotiation skills in working with suppliers and customers in establishing costs, acceptable service levels, delivery times, and terms & conditions (as appropriate).
* Work closely with company's Asia Operations Team to insure quality and timely communications for seasonal import business
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or related field
* 7-10 years of experience in domestic and international logistics
* Experience in managing and working with data management and ERP applications
* Must be strong self-directed professional with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
* Must have highly developed communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and customer service skills
* Strong business acumen
* Excellent negotiation skills
Atlanta-based candidates, only.