Organic Extractions Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
ALS Environmental USA
The Technician will successfully manage the following responsibilities:
* Perform all duties associated with the preparation of samples for organic analysis;
* Maintain complete documentation of all preparatory procedures according to established requirements;
* Perform all work within established quality control parameters and within specified turnaround times;
* Perform gravimetric determinations;
* Assist with preparation of analytical standards, reagents, and solutions;
* Maintain safe working conditions and a clean, orderly work area at all times;
* Follow SOP s and methodologies without deviation;
* Exercise laboratory safety practices;
* Produce quality data;
* Strong commitment to quality and integrity;
* May be asked to assist with glassware cleaning and sample disposal tasks;
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Good Windows-based computer skills are a necessity;
* Must be able to comprehend and follow written instructions, methodologies, procedures, protocols, and policies without deviation;
* Must be able to recognize unsatisfactory analytical performance and suggest appropriate corrective actions;
* Must be able to monitor and prioritize daily work assignments without supervision using laboratory computer-based sample tracking systems;
* Must have a strong commitment to ensuring all work is completed within prescribed deadlines;
* Must be able to initiate corrective action without prompting and assist co-workers whenever necessary in order to meet deadlines;
* Must be able to effectively perform duties under pressures arising from large sample volumes and short turn-around times;
* Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision and also to work effectively as a team member with subordinates, peers, and supervisors;
* Diligent work ethic and the ability to work independently;
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details;
* High energy level, confidence and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
* HS Diploma or 2 to 4 years of organic extractions laboratory experience;
* Working knowledge of computer software.
* The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
* Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
* Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
* Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
* Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click the following link to view the EEO is the Law poster: