This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 8/16/2017
ALS Environmental USA
* Insure compliance with standards as stated in ISO17025 (NELAC standards).
* Evaluate and maintain appropriate staffing levels necessary to support operational needs.
* Direct and coordinate the activities of the department including the management of all personnel and capital resources available in order to successfully meet laboratory and client turnaround time requirements.
* Sustain an in-depth knowledge of all procedures performed in the department and insure these procedures comply with published methods, NELAC standards, and good laboratory practices.
* Maintain a working knowledge of the LIMS and assist the IT department with maintaining daily operation and developing new features in a continuous effort to improve the efficiency of the department.
* Insure that all quality control requirements associated with the department, including MDL/LOD/LOQ studies, SOP reviews, DOC requirements, and audit responses are completed in a timely manner.
* Develop and implement new methods and technologies when mandated by changes in regulations or client needs.
* Complete performance evaluations and establish individual goals for department personnel on an annual basis.
* Uphold and enforce safety regulations as dictated and directed by corporate policy and the safety committee.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledgeable in ISO17025 standards.
* Experience with management of personnel and workflow in a laboratory setting.
* Familiarity with GCMS, GC, HPLC, and extraction procedures and methodologies.
* Strong industry specific computer skills including LIMS.
* Understanding of the principles and processes of the laboratory s quality system.
* Knowledge of laboratory safety policies.
* Possession of good organizational skills; detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
* Possession of excellent problem solving capabilities.
* Ability to work irregularly scheduled hours including overtime and weekends if necessary.
* 4 year college degree from an accredited educational institute in the chemical, environmental, biological, or physical sciences or equivalent experience.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience with GCMS, GC, HPLC, and extraction procedures analyses in an environmental laboratory.
* The ability to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients.
* Ability to sit and/or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day.
* Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
* Average vision and ability to see to read reports and operate equipment.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click the following link to view the EEO is the Law poster: