Ortho Technician Trauma Part-Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Santa Fe, NM
As a member of the Orthopaedic Team, the Technician delivers patient care and assumes appropriate responsibilities concerning non-surgical procedures. The Technician assists the Orthopaedic Surgeon with clinical patient care including: casting, scheduling of surgical and diagnostic procedures, managing patient care during a clinic (including patient flow through the exam and X-ray rooms), answering patient inquiries, and fielding messages and requests directed to the surgeon. In addition, the Technician is frequently called upon to triage patient phone calls regarding symptoms, urgency of their injury/illness, and immediate care to manage pain/injuries prior to coming in for an appointment.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate or equivalent.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Certification by NAOT preferred but not required. Certification by ASOP encouraged.
- Ability to describe various orthopaedic conditions based on an understanding of anatomical structures and their relationship with one another.
- Ability to apply, adjust and remove common orthopaedic devices, using standard practice as a guide.
- Knowledge of the proper application of aseptic techniques in dressing change and the removal of sutures or staples.
- Ability to interpret simple fractures and dislocations on X-ray films.
- Understanding of clinic and environmental safety and precautions.
- Thorough working knowledge of musculoskeletal system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with principles of aseptic techniques.
- Basic knowledge of application and use of orthopaedic equipment and supplies.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Desired Skill: Ability to perform in an operating room environment as first and second assist or scrub technician under the direct supervision of a surgeon.
- Desired Skill: Ability to supervise and train other certified or eligible Orthopaedic Technologists.
Required: Two years experience working in a hospital or clinic office supporting a physician with patient care.
Desired: At least one year full-time work experience in either a hospital, clinic or office setting, working directly in the treatment of orthopaedic patient(s).
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Site Manager, Orthopedics of NM
- Bloodborne pathogen: A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifts, transfers and positions patients and equipment in excess of 150 pounds. Some positioning or lifting of patients up to 300 pounds.