Orthopedic Tech, Certified
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Holly Springs, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ORTHOPEDIC TECH, CERTIFIED
Job ID #: 69489
Job Category: Technologists/Technicians
Employment Type: Full Time
Education Required: Specialized training/certification
Location: Holly Springs, GA
Posted Date: September 9, 2016 Back to Search Results
Imagine a place where you can improve lives every day this place is Northside Hospital. Join our team of medical professionals who offer a lifetime of care. As Georgia s Most Preferred Hospital in Overall Healthcare Services for more than 16 consecutive years, we are the fastest-growing healthcare organization in the Southeast. We currently seek dynamic, skilled people to join our team of talented, award-winning staff. If you are a qualified, committed professional and are ready to work in a compassionate and innovative team environment, Northside is the place for you. Start your journey with us today!
Northside Cherokee Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is a full-service orthopedics practice that specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of muscoloskeletal disorders, arthritis and sports injuries. Our physicians, offer a wide range of services for patients, including management of disorders of the upper and lower extremities, management of concussions, fracture care and treatment for sports-related injuries.
As former competitive athletes, our physicians understand how sports injuries affect daily life and offer the highest-quality care possible.
SERVICE AREA OVERVIEW
* A full-service Orthopedics and Sports Medicine practice, Northside Cherokee Orthopedics and Sports Medicine offers:
* Adult sports medicine & injuries
* Pediatric and adolescent sports medicine & injuries
* Diagnostic imaging services
* Most current minimally-invasive techniques
* Operative and non-operative injury management for upper and lower extremities
* Total joint replacements (hip, knee, ankle)
* Adult and pediatric specialized care of the foot and ankle
* General orthopedics including sprains, strains, and tears
* Fracture care
* Outpatient Total Joint Replacement
The Certified Ortho Tech assists Physicians and Mid-level providers while performing a variety of duties within the construct of a multidisciplinary patient care team. Some activities include assisting during patient care activities including the preparation of the treatment area, orthopedic equipment and checking equipment used for safety standards.
Interview patient and obtain medical history. May take vitals.
Enter Physician orders
Complete and maintain medical records
Prepare exam and treatment rooms
Correct placement/ fitting of splints and fabricating and correctly putting on casts, bracing/ durable medical equipment
Maintain a clean, neat and safe environment
1. OTC (orthopedic tech certification)
2. High school diploma or equivalent
3. Must be certified in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for all age groups
1. two years experience in an orthopedic technologist position utilizing knowledge of basic anatomy and medical terminology relative to orthopedic functions.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Yes
WORK HOURS: 8a-5p
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: No
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No
Why choose Northside* Northside supports our employees professional and personal growth. We foster an environment that promotes work/life balance. We embrace diversity. We care about you. If you are ready to advance your career, apply online today to join Northside s team!
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.