Orthopedic and Spine Care Coordinator PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01505-83817
** Monday - Friday; 8am - 12pm (CST)
The Orthopedic and Spine Care Coordinator provides patient navigation in accordance with established policies and procedures of Medical City Dallas Hospital. In collaboration with the medical staff, patients, patient s family and other members of the health care team, the Orthopedic Care Coordinator is responsible for utilizing a holistic and interdisciplinary approach to coordinate the care of Orthopedic patients. In addition, the Coordinator may also be responsible coordinating the care of orthopedic patients upon discharge of HCA North Texas Division emergency rooms and Medical City Children s Urgent Care Centers. The Orthopedic Care Coordinator may also delegate/collaborate care with other disciplines and providers as it relates to the outcome and care of the Orthopedic and Spine patient. The Orthopedic Care Coordinator acts as a community liaison on behalf of the program and hospital and is directly involved in the marketing/promotion of services provided.
The Orthopedic and Spine Care Coordinator will perform the following administrative duties related to patient care of the Orthopedic and Spine Program:
* Acts as liaison for staff, outside agencies, vendors, physicians, corporate / division staff and other departments within the facility.
* Coordinate cases to ensure communication between departments.
* Respond efficiently to multiple requests / functions simultaneously.
* Adjust the workflow responsibilities based on priorities.
* Adheres to the policy for handling of confidential information, files and PHI.
* Use resources effectively to reduce duplication of effort promote efficient use and reliability of data.
* Demonstrate skill in interactions with patients / family at time of registration and phone consultations regarding schedules and preparation.
* Contribute to a safe environment of care for the patients served.
* Effectively communicate between departments and healthcare team members.
* Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
* Other duties as assigned.
* College or technical training, preferred.
* Minimum of 10-years office experience, required.
* Demonstrate correct use of medical terminology, preferred
* Minimum of 5- years Patient Navigator/Coordinator, required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Must possess the leadership and communication skills to develop and coordinate an interdisciplinary program.
* Must be able to plan/coordinate patient care within the framework of standard clinical practice guidelines.
* Must be able to monitor and/or perform data collection; utilize data to develop processes addressing opportunities for improvement, and serve as team leader for implementation of process changes.
* Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to be an effective liaison among the medical/nursing staff, as well as the community.
* Analytical skills necessary in order to develop and implement program plans and effective education techniques, and evaluate program effectiveness
* Leadership and communication skills to coordinate care with the Orthopedic and Spine Program
* Ability to effectively educate families and peers.
* Basic to advanced computer skills, Microsoft Word and Excel
Last Edited: 09/08/2016