VWR International - San Mateo, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- VWR International VWR International
- San Mateo, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- not provided
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Coordinator - Site ServicesTitle:
Coordinator - Site ServicesCoordinator - Site Services State/Territory/Province:
Site Services - West Department/Function:
US VWR CATALYSTLocation City:
Foster City Last updated:
07 PMDescriptionVWR International, LLC, is a global distributor of laboratory supplies and services whose reach and range focus on customer value. Headquartered in Radnor, Pa., with worldwide sales in excess of 4.1 billion in 2011, VWR delivers a world of supplies and services that accelerate science through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as industrial, educational and governmental organizations. With more than 150 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities across the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates, in more than 25 countries working to streamline the way researchers stock and maintain their labs. With a client base spanning North America, Europe and Asia, VWR is firmly positioned to maintain a strong global presence. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing on-site services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; education assistance; and a credit union.At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.Description:
The Coordinator is responsible for carrying out basic tasks at a customer site or multiple customer sites in a region. All of which can include but not limited to, inventory management, purchasing, shipping, receiving, chemical tracking, storeroom tracking, and even product delivery. The Coordinator position requires knowledge and application of VWR and routine customer systems. Reporting and customer interaction is typically of a routine nature.Job Responsibilities:
* Perform inventory management related functions such as monitoring slow moving and dead stock, conduct cycle counting and yearly inventories, and reporting, etc. Increase VWR revenue by controlling customer spend, provide daily customer service functions and interface with the customer relative to inventory management.
* Perform purchasing functions such as providing level 2 and 3 ESS support (B/O, DFS, or 3P Support), managing quotes, document control, filing and records maintenance, sorting and monitoring reclaimed and recyclable material, resolving open invoices/pricing, and forecasting, etc Responsible for all customer service related functions including but not limited to:
order entry, reporting, basic cross referencing and product conversions to VWR brand or best buy products, maintaining metrics, and cost avoidance, etc.
* Perform shipping coordination activities such as shipping customer material (including hazardous materials), answering customer calls, handling routine issues, operating a hand-jack and forklift, entering relevant shipping information into the customer computer system, and maintaining inspections on safety stations and equipment. Responsible for handling hazardous material and preparing shipping documentation and packaging requirements.
* Interface directly with customer POC, purchasing directors, facility directors and plant managers etc. responsible for managing consigned, non-consigned, customer owned and 3rd party inventory onsite at the customer location.
* Utilize VWR and basic customer computer systems (ESS,Citrix, Info Access, Intranet, StockTracker, ChemSW, and customer specific ERP systems as well as customer specific shipping systems ) in fulfillment of job duties.
* Meet goals and objectives:
revenue, safety, performance and quality.
* Create programs for enhanced service efficiencies.
* Interfacing with manufacture reps.
* Document SPI Requests.
* Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED required
* 3 -5 years equivalent experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
* Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
* Cross referencing and inside sales experience a plus
* Valid Driver s License and transportation
* Forklift certification a plusKnowledge, skills and abilities:
* Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
* Knowledge of Information Access and System ESS; intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
* Solid understanding and experience in either shipping, inventory, or purchasing
* Excellent Customer Service Skills; displays a professional can do attitude
* High regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols, policies and procedures
* Ability to self-manage and self-motivate; forward thinking
* Ability to prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
* Knowledge of VWR s products and services
* Ability to communicate effectively with both the customer and internal contacts
* Must be able to lift 50lbs minimum
* Maybe required to travelEOE M/F/D/VVWR maintains a drug free workplace.