This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Glen Burnie, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
SUPERVISOR - OUTBOUND SUPERVISOR - WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR - OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR - TRANSPORTATON SUPERVISOR
PITT OHIO, a $500 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking an Outbound Supervisor at our Glen Burnie, MD Terminal.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
* Develop an effective plan for each night's outbound and communicate the plan to the employees
* Directly supervise dockworkers and road drivers to ensure the proper loading of outbound shuttles
* Ability to review dispatch to gain understanding of volumes, headlines and appointment freight
* Advise Linehaul Control of accurate lane projections and Linehaul needs
* Responsible for implementation of the 90 day on-boarding process with new drivers and dockworkers
* Monitor and maintain proper scheduling of road drivers, dockworkers and city drivers
* Check all shuttle paperwork for hazardous material compliance
* Maintain a positive work environment; effectively handle employee concerns, ideas and suggestions for improvement
* Ensure all safety related issues including federal, state, local and company regulations and policies are in compliance
* Ability to process outbound paperwork from beginning to end including: printing manifests, completing hazmat closeouts, preparing driver paperwork and manifesting.
* Ability to coordinate projections and close out dispatch
* Ability to answer phones and handle all types of customer service requests
* Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
* Fluent command of the English language is required to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Minimum high school education, college preferred
* One year trucking experience or similar background. Previous supervisory experience is a plus
* Must be competent and proficient in Microsoft Office Software products
* Must possess knowledge of hazardous materials and D.O.T. regulations
* The ability to make sound decisions (good problem solving skills) and use of good judgment is essential
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be able to work in a physically demanding environment
* May require outside work in extreme weather conditions
* Requires significant standing, walking, lifting, and carrying. May be required required to lift or exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work may also be required for short period of time.
* Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing computer terminal, and extensive reading.
* Typical exposure to both interior and exterior environment including exposure to inclement weather conditions and exhaust fumes from vehicles.
* Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
* Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. Frequently exposed to loud noises including dock and office machinery, telephones, and conversations of others.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com