Outpatient Specialty Account Liaison
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited, rehabilitation hospital with 167 inpatient beds - 119 acute and 48 sub-acute. There are numerous outpatient programs as well as home and community services. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
The Mary Free Bed Specialty Account Liaison works in coordination with the Access Center and the Team Leaders of Home & Community, Day Rehab Program, and MFB @ Home to grow targeted programs.
* Increases referrals and admissions to targeted Mary Free Bed Outpatient Programs
* Coordinate efforts to ensure timely response to acute care hospital and external referrals
* Efficiently manages a territory for market development and growth with referral sources.
* Educate and market to acute care hospital contact points including: physicians, case managers, therapy for referral development for targeted outpatient programs.
* Market and call on physician offices and appropriate administration for increased access and awareness of Mary Free Bed outpatient programs with the goal of driving referrals through excellent follow up and presentation of relevant clinical information.
* Coordinate with nurse liaisons to identify patients for appropriateness of admission to Mary Free Bed System of Care by reviewing patient records and through conversations with the referring physician and the patient/family and/or discharge planner.
* Communicate recommendation for patient placement and rationale to the referring physician, the patient, family members, and the discharge planner from the referring hospital if appropriate
* As appropriate, facilitate admissions to Mary Free Bed, including required pre-authorization and pre-admission documentation, assess need for transportation.
* Attend professional conferences to represent Mary Free Bed outpatient programs.
* Provide tours for patients and families as needed.
* Work MFB Network Partners and external providers with the goal of problem solving and facilitating referrals to the appropriate level of rehabilitation.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* For referrals: Assures the timely and efficient response to consultations/referrals that are both local and regional. Obtains and reviews relevant information and determine the optimal placement for the patient within the MFB System of Care. Communicates the recommendation to the referring physician, patient, family, and referral coordinator or discharge planner from the referring provider in a clear and positive manner.
* For those referrals that are appropriate for admission to MFB: In collaboration with referring health care providers, collects appropriate patient information and completes the MFB documentation that is required for pre-admission. Provides patient and family education related to outpatient rehabilitation at MFB. Collaborates with the referring provider's staff and MFB staff to determine an admission plan, and to set a date and time that is appropriate for the patient and meets the needs of the referring hospital.
* Completes the pre-admission screen.
* Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all referrals sources. Facilitates professional communication with each employee of the referring provider. Demonstrates excellent customer service standards and behaviors. Encourages, coaches, and monitors teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discreetly and sensitively with confidential information.
* Monitors customer satisfaction and facilitates problem solving with the physicians, patients and families, and referral sources. Encourages a culture of personal accountability, solution-seeking behavior, mutual respect, open communication, openness to change, enthusiasm, and pride.
* Maintains a high level of current knowledge about each referral hospital, physician, and the associated patient populations.
* Develops and maintains excellent working relationship with Network Partners and their admissions team.
* Maintains appropriate credentialing certification at all required facilities.
* Works with Nurse Liaisons, Access Center and Patient Financial Services to ensure efficient processing of referrals/admissions to the appropriate level of care.
* Works with Physician Liaisons to increase referrals to Mary Free Bed Programs
* Analyzes referral patterns of physicians and prioritizes time appropriately to increase business.
* Develops relationships with current and potential referral sources through education of services offered at Mary Free Bed.
* Utilizes sales tools and provides feedback of referral source needs.
* Works with Business Development team to coordinate activities with referring community including sales calls and educational events.
* Emphasis on external providers and case managers with the goal of driving new referrals through excellent follow up and presentation of relevant clinical information.
* Provides tours for families and case managers as needed.Assesses changing market needs and referral patterns.
* Tracks admissions/referrals.
* Analyzes data.
* Adjusts activities to promote growth over base year.
* Maintains active communication with MFB business development team
* Monitors referral trends and changes in the outpatient referral process.
* Works with network development team to educate them on market changes and needs of referral sources.
* Adds input in the creation of sales tools.
* Assists Program Directors/Leaders in the implementation of the sales/marketing plan in each clinical service line.
* Adjusts program to meet changing community needs.
* Attends meetings and gives updates on sales/marketing activities for Mary Free Bed programs.
Age Specific Responsibility: Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to interact with patients of all ages, family members, employees of the referring hospital, insurance company case and claims managers, and physicians.
Essential Job Qualifications:
* The position requires one of the following:
* Minimum of 3 years of healthcare sales experience OR
* Licensed health care provider, including PT, OT, LMSW, Rec Therapy, RN, SLP with at least 3 years of relevant experience with a minimum of 3 years of clinical practice in post-acute care or rehabilitation.
* Time management and organizational skills
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Able to respond to a highly variable workload including flexibility of work hours
* Able to maintain effective communication with multiple physicians and referral health care provider employees.
* Excellent computer skills with specific ability to use Microsoft Outlook, EMR, Cerner, and the Great Lakes Health Connect program for referral management.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)