Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for OUTPATIENT SURGERY REGISTERED NURSE for our client in LUBBOCK, TX
JOB TITLE: OUTPATIENT SURGERY REGISTERED NURSE
JOB LOCATION: LUBBOCK, TX
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Required Outpatient Surgery RN
* Must have strong Med/Surg and/or OPS background.
* BSN and CPAN preferred but not required.
* Hours will be 5:30am-2pm with rotation in the standby/callback schedule.
* Callback is 2 hour minimum. Start date is ASAP.
* Outpatient Surgery (OPS) focuses on pre-operative assessment and preparation of the surgical/procedural patient.
* Adult and pediatric patients of all ages and acuities for many different types of surgery are prepared in OPS on the day of admission for surgical procedures that may require the use of anesthetic agents.
* Phase II post-operative care and observation are provided in OPS as well.
* Patients/families receive comprehensive post-operative home care instructions and teaching prior to being discharged to home care.
* OPS nurses are team-oriented and have been successful in putting into place patient care that has been widely praised by patients, families, visitors, and regulatory agencies.
* They collaborate with anesthesiologists, surgeons, internists, and other services as needed to provide the most current evidence-based care to each individual patient who accesses the services provided by OPS.
* Our unit is an ideal place for nurses looking to optimize their clinical expertise, time management, and critical thinking skills.
* ACLS, BLS
* CPAN Preferred
* 5:30am-2pm with rotation in the standby/callback schedule.
* Requires strong Med/Surg and/or OPS background.