Outreach Manager, Office Of The President
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OFFICE LOCATIONArlington, Virginia (VA)AA100POSITION SUMMARYThe Outreach Manager in the Office of the President is responsible for the strategic planning of the CEO's outreach efforts for philanthropy, external affairs, marketing, and other priorities and is responsible for the implementation of the CEO Visibility Plan.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThis position manages the CEO Advance Team, and works to prioritize and maximize leverage of CEO outreach efforts. The Outreach Manager also coordinates and may research weekly meeting and engagement briefings for the CEO. The Outreach Manager reports to the Chief of Staff and assists in the design and implementation of large scale projects ensuring that programmatic commitments, timelines and compliance standards are communicated and met. S/he manages high-level strategic events that involve the CEO which includes coordinating the work of other teams and ensuring that the expectations of the CEO are met. S/he also assists in managing institutional events such as Board of Directors meetings, staff events, and senior manager meetings; and works with the Chief of Staff on special assignments as needed. S/he creates, oversees and works to consistently improve communications to all members of Office of the President and to those who work with the OOP; s/he works closely with all members of the OOP including Internal Communications, Board of Directors program, and executive administrative staff.This position includes frequent interaction with all members within the organization including senior managers, staff, trustees, Board of Directors and donors, as well as customers, vendors and business relations. S/he may provide operational support to the executive, such as developing operational guidelines to ensure efficient management of the program and compliance with regulations. S/he makes interpretations and recommendations as appropriate. Duties are highly confidential and require comprehensive knowledge of TNC's priorities, policies, procedures and operations. Responsibilities require discretion, judgment, tact and poise.RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
* Designs, implements and directs multiple projects including managing project budget.
* May supervise one or more support staff.
* May have program or project budget accountability.
* Opportunity to act independently. Work checked through agreement by superiors.
* Acts as a resource to others to solve problems.
* Decisions may have project and program-wide impact.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum 7 years' related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience managing client and account relationships.
* Experience managing multiple projects including measuring results of plans and programs.
* Experience negotiating agreements.
* PREFERRED QUALAIFICATIONS
* Experience leading in a team-based environment with internal and/or external partners.
* Experience applying marketing principles on projects/programs.
* Practical knowledge of current and evolving trends related to field of experience.
* Conceives and writes creatively for various audiences from technical information.
* Strong communication skills with ability to articulate ideas in a compelling manner
* Detailed knowledge of procedures and terms in relevant field of experience.HOW TO APPLYTo apply to position number 44635, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:
59 p.m. Eastern Time on 9/30/16.Click 'submit' to apply for the position or 'save for later' to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
* The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
* The successful applicant must meet the requirements of
* The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
* Job Title:
* Outreach Manager, Office Of The President
* DC Metro Area
* Job ID:
* Full/Part Time:
* Full-Time .