Outside Food Sales Representative - Hartford, CT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONWould you like to channel your drive for results into a career in Outside Sales?
We are looking for motivated individuals with an interest in foodservice/hospitality to join our Gordon Food Service sales team. As an Outside Food Sales Representative with Gordon Food Service, you will learn consultative selling skills by working with experienced sales professionals to strengthen customer relationships and grow profitable sales. Responsibilities include supporting order and delivery interaction between foodservice customers and Gordon Food Service in all aspects of the sales function, learning our product and service offerings and building your capabilities in processes, tools, and techniques. Upon assignment to your own territory, you will be ready to use our innovative tools and internal resources to create shared success for you, Gordon Food Service, and our customers.
Here's what you can expect to gain in this role:
* Culture of integrity and respect
* Security and benefits for your family, health, and future
* Importance of family and personal life
* Career development and mentor programs
* Opportunities for advancement
* Servant leadership
* Rewards for performance
* Flexibility and control of your calendar
* Automobile reimbursement plan
Here is what you can expect to experience in this role:
* Effectively expresses and services the GFS story
* Travels through route to provide coverage for all Customer Development Specialists (CDS) as appropriate
* Service existing accounts as assigned
* Gain understanding of broker relationships to assist in key customer assignments
* Assist with the delivery of appropriate marketing materials
* Assist and participate in customer events and segment shows
* Deliver products to customers as needed
* Assist with the demonstration of products and discussion of applications
* Gain expertise in the area of sales consultation to ensure sales process development
* Verify orders with customers to include receiving information from customers and discussing orders with customers to include credits
* Observe management of accounts receivables
* Participate with CDS on business reviews, negotiating, understanding and use of market research
* Participates and contributes to region team efforts
* Performs other duties as assigned
What we look for in the person we hire:
* This position requires customer focus with comprehensive communication skills and the ability to express self verbally
* Must be a strategic thinker, inquisitive, innovative, and creative in order to build relationships, network, link resources and apply business practices
* Ability to work effectively in teams and display integrity and honesty to participate and contribute to region team efforts
* Must be goal driven, have good organizational and administration skills in order to self manage and develop discipline and be flexible and coachable
* Must be able to meet and exceed sales performance goals and execute good time and territory management
* Must participate in Industry Organizations
* Must complete GFS' Phase Training Objective
* High school diploma or GED equivalent - required
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, or Marketing - preferred
* Culinary certification a plus
* Must maintain a valid state Driver's License and safe driving record
* One year previous sales, business or foodservice experience with an interest in food business practices and food preparation or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* In lieu of the specified education and experience requirements, a proven capability to perform the essential functions of the job, as demonstrated by an equivalent combination of education, training and/or relevant work experience may be considered.
* Must be able to travel extensively throughout the region
* Reside or willing to relocate to a geographical area within the assigned sales territory
* Demonstrate the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Why Work for Gordon Food Service? Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.