Outside Food Sales Representative - Louisville, KY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We're seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people's lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
The Outside Food Sales Representative (Sales Associate) provides assistance throughout the region supporting the facilitation of order and delivery interaction between foodservice customers and Gordon Food Service in all aspects of the sales function until territory assignment. Assists the Customer Development Specialist (CDS) in providing business-consulting services to strengthen customer relationships and grow profitable sales. Ideal candidate must be willing to relocate anywhere within the state of Kentucky.
Service Oriented: Responds with a sense of urgency to meet the needs of customers, employees, and suppliers.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely (both written and verbally).
Integrity: Establishes trust and deals with issues directly.
Results Oriented: Effective in the planning, prioritization, and timely execution of work
Self Management and Development: Takes personal responsibility for own growth and development
Teamwork: Modifies personal style, focusing on the needs of others, and listening effectively to achieve a common goal
Change: Embraces and creates change
Business Acumen: Understands and applies business knowledge
* Effectively expresses and services the GFS story. * Travels through route to provide coverage for all Customer Development Specialists (CDS) as appropriate. * Service existing accounts as assigned. * Gain understanding of broker relationships to assist in key customer assignments. * Assist with the delivery of appropriate marketing materials. * Assist and participate in customer events and segment shows. * Deliver products to customers as needed. * Assist with the demonstration of products and discussion of applications. * Gain expertise in the area of sales consultation to ensure sales process development. * Verify orders with customers to include receiving information from customers and discussing orders with customers to include credits. * Observe management of accounts receivables. * Participate with CDS on business reviews, negotiating, understanding and use of market research. * Participates and contributes to region team efforts.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
* This position requires customer focus with comprehensive communication skills and the ability to express self verbally. * Must be a strategic thinker, inquisitive, innovative, and creative in order to build relationships, network, link resources and apply business practices.
* Ability to work effectively in teams and display integrity and honesty to participate and contribute to region team efforts. * Must be goal driven, have good organizational and administration skills in order to self manage and develop discipline and be flexible and coachable. * Must be able to meet and exceed sales performance goals and execute good time and territory management. * Must participate in Industry Organizations. * Must complete GFS' Phase Training Objective. * Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Equipment / Tools / Technology:
* Laptop computer * Networked printer/copier/facsimile machine * Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) * Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Drive, Sites, Groups) * GFS order entry software * GFS automobile expense reimbursement program
Educational & Experience Requirements
* High School Diploma or Equivalent - Required
* Bachelor Degree - Business, Sales or Marketing - Preferred
* Must maintain a valid state driver's license and safe driving record per GFS policy
* Must be able to obtain food safety certification
* One year previous sales, business or foodservice experience with an interest in food business practices and food preparation or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. In lieu of the specified education and experience requirements, a proven capability to perform the essential functions of the job, as demonstrated by an equivalent combination of education, training and/or relevant work experience may be considered.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Why Work for Gordon Food Service? Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.