Outside Machinist III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
National City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: National City, CA (MRG)
Job Code: 3631
# of openings: Direct Funded
Requisition Category:Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking an Outside Machinist III in National City, CA.
Summary: Under limited supervision, installs new machines or heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings, and dismantles and installs machines or heavy equipment when changes in the plant layout are required. Non-supervisory. May provide guidance and training to lower level employees as requested.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Replaces defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
* Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and various electrical/electronic equipments.
* Connects power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
* Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
* Assembles and installs equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
* Positions steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
* Signals crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate, and align unit to centerline.
* Inserts shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
* Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
* Attaches moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
* Supports other trades as required to include assisting in rigging, disassembly, reassembly and inspection of mechanical and electrical equipment, systems, and components.
* High school diploma/equivalent.
* More than 5 years related work experience.
* Training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers.
* Mechanical aptitude and skills.
* Active listening, effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to read, interpret layouts, blueprints and other technical specifications.
* Able to read, hear, and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Frequent standing, sitting, walking, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms.
* Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
* See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) and ability to see details at a distance.
* Able to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts/yardarms (onboard ships).
* Bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
* Keep hand and arm steady while moving arm or while holding arm and hand in one position and to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects of varying sizes.
* Occasional stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
* Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to some noise.
* Machine shop environment.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.