Outside Plant (OSP) Utility Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Ledcor Group of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
You are an Outside Plant (OSP) telecommunications construction professional with 4-7 years of experience working on OSP construction projects. You are an integral part of the project team and will be responsible for planning, coordinating and tracking the moves of communication pole attachments for Make-Ready Aerial OSP fiber construction under the supervision of the Construction Operations Manager. In addition to ensuring the moves are completed on time and within budget, you will assist operations staff with safety and quality control.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Lexington, KY!
- Promotes a culture of health, safety and environmental protection on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to achieve compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OSHA acts, regulations and codes
- Coordinating move requests to Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECs) and Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs) on a pole by pole basis while tracking individual moves at each pole
- Ability to interpret Make-Ready and OSP Aerial fiber design documents
- Work with construction managers for Make-Ready readiness and completion to hand-off to construction
- High aptitude for data management and development of large and complex data tracking systems
- Ability to understand and draw from multiple existing data trackers and design documents
- Understands scheduling concepts and how to provide relevant updates to the project schedule
- Performs well with ambiguous task assignments and a fast paced work environment
- Ability to effectively supervise the work of others and direct a team
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (for exchanges with ILECs, CLECs, Engineering, Construction, Pole Owners, Management, etc)
- Positive, can-do attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver s license and clear drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug & alcohol requirements
- 4 to 7 years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience with OSP fiber construction projects is required
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- Working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs Capable of identifying issues and generating solutions in moderately complex situations
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs; proficient in Excel and/or Access database
- This role will be located out of our project office in Lexington, KY, and may require up to 25% travel within Kentucky
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more* Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an EEO/AAP employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Date Posted 8/25/2016 5:34:11 AM