Outside Sales - Fluid Power
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTION* Are you knowledgeable in fluid power components or do you have a strong mechanical aptitude and a desire to learn?
* Do you desire to sell a tangible product and value-added services business-to-business?
* Are you able to develop ongoing relationships with new and existing contacts?
We are looking for an outside seller to help take us to the next level. If you've got what it takes, we'd love to talk with you. In our role, you'll partner with an experienced inside sales team that has strong product, vendor, and system knowledge to satisfy our current customers as well as gain new ones. We'll look to you to function as a business development expert, building relationships with customers throughout your territory.
More About Your Role
You will be responsible for building a territory and growing earnings by developing repeat relationships in existing accounts and opening new business. Use your consultative selling approach when calling on engineers, purchasing, and others to learn about your customers' applications and analyze their needs.
* Achieve sales and profit goals by developing existing customers, opening new business, and customer retention
* Conduct sales and service activities, develop strong customer relationships, identify product applications, and introduce new products and services
* Partner with manufacturer reps and our support team to help spec in products / systems that will enhance customer performance
* Prepare quotes and proposals, follow up and negotiate terms, and close transactions
* Organize and conduct training sessions for customers, survey market and competitive conditions
* Complete reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls, leads and other related reports
* Monitor customer complaints, follow up on outstanding orders, and make emergency calls, night calls, and deliveries as required
* 6 months+ knowledge of fluid power components, systems, & applications and/or 1+ year industrial sales experience
* Basic computer skills
* Hands-on product demonstrations for customers and prospects; mechanical aptitude
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Business
* 3+ years of sales experience in similar industries
* Fluid Power certification
* Self starter and self-motivated
* Relationship-building skills at all levels with customers and prospect organizations
* Planning and organization skills
* Effective listening, negotiating, communication (verbal and written) skills
Work for a corporation that believes in developing its people. Applied employees believe in the company and love the environment. Individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded.
Connect with a great stable company with strong performance and growth. We look forward to learning more about you and will respond to qualified candidates. Apply today!
Spencer Fluid Power is a value-added distributor of hydraulic components and systems specializing in complete mobile hydraulic systems and repairs.
Parent company Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is the world s largest fluid power distributor. Our network of 18 fluid power companies (70+ locations) in North America is a resource for dedicated fluid power support. We have one of the largest teams of Certified Fluid Power Specialists, Certified Electronic Control Specialists and Certified Fluid Power Mechanics &d Technicians to assist you with problem solving, system building, troubleshooting and other requirements. Between our service centers and our network of 19 fluid power companies, we provide immediate access to the critical fluid power components and services our customers need.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.