Outside Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWork with the outside sales team to solicit new business and additional up sell revenues through coaching and training. Work alongside sales team to develop strategies to maximize advertising investment for existing and new advertisers. Spend 50% of time coaching working with team members in the field. Motivate and mentor staff and increase each individual team member's performance through extensive training, monitoring and feedback.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervising, training, and coaching outside ad sales group. Instruct sales team on work methods and techniques.
* Establish or adjust work procedures to meet demands.
* Recommend measures to improve production methods, and/or suggest changes in working conditions and use of sales tools/programs to increase efficiency of group.
* Participate in the interviewing and selection process of outside classified sales personnel in conjunction with management and Human Resources. In conjunction with the Advertising Outside SalesManager, evaluate and document job performance of sales team members, document attendance, approve work schedules and job performance. Escalate any job or attitude performance deficiencies to Advertising Outside SalesManager and/or Human Resources.
* Work one on one with the sales representatives to solicit new business for designated team.
* Meet with each rep on designated teams weekly for a private coaching session.
* Work with the Advertising Outside SalesManager to plan and develop sales strategies and new advertising products/upsells to grow revenue. Help implement these strategies by working with the sales team.
* Train and work with the sales team to help improve organizational and time management skills. Ensure the reps utilize these skills on a daily basis.
* Interface with the credit/accounting departments to ensure that billing issues are taken care of in a timely manner.
* Provide monthly documentation to both the sales rep and the Advertising Outside SalesManager that details results.
* Handle accounts as assigned by manager. These will be accounts that need special care. When appropriate these will be turned over to a sales rep.
* Maintain regular communication with Advertising Outside SalesManager and co-Outside Sales Supervisors.
* Handle elevated calls from advertisers as needed.
* Assign and release ads as needed.
* Develop leadership and management skills.
* Maintain and contribute to a good productive team environment among advertising employees and managers.
* Complete special assignments as requested by management.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Able to mentor, coach and direct personnel in a productive manner.
* Able to use independent judgment and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and customers.
* Comfortable working with Microsoft Office
* Able to build simple spreadsheets in excel.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional presentation skills.
* Strong administrative and organizational skills.
* Ability to react to change productively.
* Ability to work under pressure and within the established goals and objectives.
* Ability to multi task.
* Ability to handle stressful situations (i.e. irate customers, large volume of incoming calls.)
* Understand competitive media in the market and continued focus on monitoring competitive advertising.
* Must be accessible to staff, other department personnel requires acceptable attendance & punctuality, additionally many be required to work flexible schedule to accommodate work demands and special projects.
* Good MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Power Point.
* Learn to utilize the Sugar CRM management tool, DTI and Tulsa World business system.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in sales/customer service environment.
* Previous leadership/supervisory position within a sales/customer service environment.
* Advertising and marketing sales experience.
* Proven successful sales performance.