Outside Sales Representative Home Security
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we d like to connect with you.
Cox Communications is seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our Home Security team. The OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE IS AN INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE WITH AN ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT, who enjoys relationship building, managing customer accounts, and developing new business.
If you are a HIGHLY COMPETITIVE AND PERSONABLE INDIVIDUAL who is interested in a sales career with an established and innovative company, we invite you to keep reading to learn more about joining the Cox Communications HOME SECURITY team.
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CAREER and UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL as an OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE HOME SECURITY with Cox Communications today.
As an OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE HOME SECURITY, you will be responsible for introducing, promoting and selling Cox Homelife services and ancillary products to residential customers to ensure achievement of Homelife PSU growth and net gain objectives. You will perform the entire sales process (with a focus on Self-Generation and prospecting, in-home sales consultation, sales and post-install customer satisfaction (follow-up) for Homelife products to residential customers, with a strong Performance Management accountability to meet or exceed sales targets.
As an OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE HOME SECURITY, you will work independently in the field meeting with both new and existing customers, with at least 90% of work time is spent in the field. In this role will use a COMPANY VEHICLE OR PRIVATE VEHICLE FOR EXTENSIVE LOCAL TRAVEL, WITH MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT (OR ALLOWANCE). You will be expected to meet or exceed corporate/regional sales goals in a goal-driven, sales organization. Incumbents will exhibit a strong entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivation, manage your own schedule and may work evenings and weekends to maximize customer contact and regularly work outdoors in adverse weather conditions and at night, when necessary. In some situations, you may work with dissatisfied customers and will work in customers homes or premises.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES are driven hunters , with a strong work ethic, a high degree of integrity and an entrepreneurial and achievement-oriented attitude.
THE COX COMMUNICATIONS DIFFERENCE
COX COMMUNICATIONS IS MORE THAN JUST A PLACE TO WORK. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents.
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE OUR MOST IMPORTANT RESOURCE. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO HAVING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE THAT REFLECTS THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. We embrace and foster an environment that builds on the unique talents that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential functions of the role include sales, customer service, networking and collaboration, administration and self-development. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
* The ideal candidate will be able to Self-Generate customer connect opportunities, in addition to company leads in order to meet or exceed sales targets.
* Markets, promotes and sells Cox Homelife services and ancillary products door-to-door to residential customers to meet or exceed sales goals.
* Identifies new residential prospects through prospecting, cold calling, auditing subdivisions, remarket neighborhoods and analysis of street sheets by utilizing various resources and individual effort.
* Cold calls (door-to-door and phone) new and existing customers in territory to sell (or upgrade) services and ensure satisfaction with Cox services.
* Meets with prospective customers to collect information required to assess their home security needs in detail and qualify prospects.
* Delivers sales presentations following our G.U.I.D.E sales process; and product demonstrations to customers and prospects. Uses solution selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox Homelife products to educate and influence customers to buy products, typically, in one sales call.
* Educates customers in the use of installed Cox Homelife products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
* Engaged in Self-Generated prospecting activities daily in order to ensure that sales expectations are met.
* Negotiates pricing, products, promotions, and terms/conditions with prospective customers.
* Tracks orders and serves as a point of contact for customer throughout sales and installation process. Keeps customers informed of installation progress and installation problems and maintains client satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
* Builds and maintains relationships with developers, realtors, insurance agents, contractors, builders in subdivisions utilizing our Community Connection Program to promote Cox Homelife products and services.
* Prospects and promotes Cox Homelife products and services by asking for referrals at time of sale, being involved in networking groups, making presentations at homeowners association meetings, and conducting informational sessions at Cox retail stores.
* Builds and maintains effective internal network to refer problems and process sales and installation orders.
* Communicates special conditions or extenuating circumstances to Managers and/or assigned technicians to assure smooth installation and excellent customer service.
* Initiates and documents new account information by keying orders into ICOMS.
* Documents and communicates installation design for Installers.
* Plans and organizes daily work route in territory.
* Schedules installation appointments if necessary.
* Maintains and submits regular expense and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
* Obtains credit approvals as required through established processes.
* Ensures product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
* Document contract information in Docusign and provide copy to customers for approval.
Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor home security services and offerings, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends scheduled team meetings, refresher training, and service updates.
* Accountability, internal drive, self-motivation, entrepreneurial spirit and a burning desire to excel, are highly desirable attributes for successful candidates this role.
* 1 or more year of experience preferred in outside or field sales experience with quotas and cold calling.
* Valid state driver s license, good driving record, reliable transportation.
* Certifications and licenses, as required by state and municipal laws.
* 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting.
* Willingness to work weekends and nights.
* 18 years of age or older.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent.
* Eligible to work in United States.
* Excellent adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, relationship building, customer service delivery, formal presentation skills, high impact communications, results produced, continuous learning, PC skills, quality orientation, sales disposition, self-management, self-motivation and self-discipline, technical aptitude, and trustworthiness in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
* BS/BA degree in related discipline or strong sales background.
* Experience in direct sales in home security or telecommunications industry.
* 2 years of outside or field sales experience with quota requirements.
* Knowledge of local market, local contacts.
YOUR CAREER AT COX
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications