Outside Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
Advanced Disposal Services
Melrose Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for marketing and selling assigned Advanced Disposal services to existing and potential customers to increase profitable revenue. Responsible for achieving budgeted sales and retention goals for accounts as assigned
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by meeting customer retention goals, resolving customer issues in a timely manner, and solving accounts receivable and service problems. Communicate to and work with the Sales Manager/General Manager to resolve unique customer issues
* Generate revenue through the sale of services to new and existing accounts. Increase existing account revenue. Meet or exceed sales all activity goals for both new sales and retention
* Demonstrate basic knowledge of technical equipment
* Acquire fundamental knowledge of potential customers, pricing and competition
* Gain an understanding of and execute the division's pricing and service strategies
* Identify and engage other sister company opportunities
* Effectively use Advanced Disposal's sales tools. Prepare timely and accurate sales activity reports
* Acquire a fundamental understanding of appropriate local, state and Federal regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated organizational, oral, written, and listening skills
* Proficient computer skills
* Excellent selling and account management skills
* Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external customers
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience.
An Associates Degree degree in Business Administration or Sales and Marketing is preferred
Years of Experience: At least 3 years of related experience. A minimum of 2 years' experience in Solid Waste and/or a service related industry is preferred
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
* Usual office equipment including computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator
* MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
* Usual office environment
* May require travel to area businesses, multiple sites including transfer stations and/or landfills
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
* Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
* Possess speaking skills and hearing ability to interact with customers on the telephone
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled