Outside Sales Representative 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client, NORTHSTAR , a leading commercial risk management brokerage firm, is looking to hire a BUSINESS TO BUSINESS (B2B) OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE to expand their outside sales team. The Outside Sales Representative will sell in a B2B sales environment to business owners and CFOs of small-to-medium enterprises. This B2B Outside Sales Representative candidate will also work with a large network of providers to deliver proposals to their clientele, ensuring it meets their business and risk management needs.
Exceptional training and mentoring support, a _COMPETITIVE STARTING BASE SALARY (NEGOTIABLE) PLUS COMMISSION, A COMPREHENSIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PROGRAM, PLUS AN OPPORTUNITY TO EARN A LEADERSHIP ROLE IN THE FIRM_. A successful Outside Sales Representative will become a major contributor in this growing, privately-held company and _CAN REALISTICALLY EARN $250K OR MORE, ONCE THEIR CLIENTELE IS WELL ESTABLISHED, PLUS THE OPPORTUNITY TO EARN A LEADERSHIP ROLE IN THE FIRM. _
RESPONSIBILITIES OF B2B OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE:
* Successfully be able to sell in a stable, recession-resistant industry.
* Develop long-term relationships with clients, and maintain the long-term relationships for continued business (and to earn residual commissions).
* Analyze and offer solutions to the client's business and risk management needs.
* Sell risk management solutions from a broad portfolio of high quality providers (and we have excellent relationships with those providers).
* Submit risks and exposures to the provided network of Providers, secure customized commercial insurance contract in return.
* Provide ongoing support for the client throughout the contract year.
REQUIREMENTS OF B2B OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE:
* 2-8 years B2B sales experience - a consultative approach is a big plus BUT no previous insurance sales experience or prior insurance knowledge is required
* Existing network of business contacts in the Boston area and easy access to the Needham, MA office
* Ability to successfully close a B2B sale
* Provide long-term relationship and support to existing clients
* Desire to build a business clientele, and retain your customers year after year
* Bachelor's Degree