Outside Sales Representative Single Family Unit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
West Warwick, RI
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for SHARP TALENT to join our team and be the VOICE OF OUR BRAND.
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as an OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE, where you ll be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career. THIS POSITION HAS A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE BASE SALARY PLUS COMMISSION AND A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE!!
COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CAREER!
AS AN OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE, you will play a pivotal role in the continued STABILITY AND GROWTH of our organization, by serving as a FRONT-LINE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COX BRAND. In this role, you sell video, voice, data and home security services to residential customers via door-to-door canvassing within an assigned territory of single family units (SFU).
Performance is critical to the achievement of department and company Primary Service Unit (PSU) growth and net gain objectives. The Outside Sales Representative s (Direct Sales) performance is critical to Cox s achievement of department and company Primary Service Unit (PSU) growth and net gain objectives.
Successful candidates are driven hunters , with a strong work ethic, a high degree of integrity and an entrepreneurial and achievement-oriented attitude.
THE COX COMMUNICATIONS DIFFERENCE
COX COMMUNICATIONS IS MORE THAN JUST A PLACE TO WORK. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents.
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE OUR MOST IMPORTANT RESOURCE. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
AT COX, YOU DON\'T JUST HAVE A JOB, BUT THE OPPORTUNITY TO GROW AND ADVANCE ACROSS MANY DYNAMIC INDUSTRIES. We'll work with you to achieve this growth through career development programs and in our commitment to ongoing training and to hiring from within.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Builds rapport and provides excellent customer services to meet and exceed established goals and performance levels in door to door sales. Drives maximum product penetration and revenue generation in all assigned territories, nodes, or geographical areas to former, new and existing customers via door-to-door sales.
* Cold canvasses in assigned territory and makes sales presentation to non-subscribers and existing subscribers for upgrades.
* Generates and retains PSUs through the acquisition of and retention of customers by using Cox trained skill sets, programming and technical expertise, and makes the appropriate recommendations for services using consultative sales skills. Implements effective closing techniques to ensure sales goals are achieved.
* Maximizes Cox s brand & image exposure in each community and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting and resolving a wide variety of customer requests, inquiries and complaints verbally, face to face and in writing.
* Builds customer loyalty by effectively resolving any/all customer issues and differentiating Cox products from those of our competitors and communicating those differences effectively.
* Minimize product churn by actively resolving concerns/issues efficiently and effectively through the use of active listening, personalizing techniques and by focusing on adding/building value.
* Maintains client satisfaction and takes ownership throughout the sales cycle.
* Performs end to end order entry through provided technology.
* Creates and maintains successful interdepartmental relationships.
* Participates in team sales blitzes, conversions, and new releases; including weekend and evening sales events.
* Completes special projects and/or status reports as requested.
* Introduces, markets and sells any new services.
* Facilitates collection on bad debt accounts, picks up and returns customer equipment.
* Updates and reports on all sales activities in assigned territories, nodes or geographical areas.
* Works evenings and weekends to maximize customer contact.
* Conducts all business in an ethical manner as outlined in the Channel Sales Standards of Performance and Conduct.
* Attends and participates in all scheduled team meetings.
* Maintains current job knowledge through completion of on-going training opportunities, satisfactory skills assessment scores, and attainment of job related certifications, including annual certification renewal/update as required.
* May perform home security consultation appointments
* Performs other duties as required.
* HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
* Requires proficient knowledge of technical applications and tools
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
* State licensing may be required to sell Home Security
* 1 year of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, etc.)
* AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.)
* Experience in telecommunications industry desired
YOUR CAREER AT COX
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization:Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location:US-RI-West Warwick-9 J.P. Murphy Highway
Job Level:Individual Contributor