Industrial Sales Specialist - Westchester, CT.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
North Westchester, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
The Sales Specialist will provide sales support on new account service and support outside sales representative in winning new accounts for their assigned geographic area to support achievement of profitable growth for Tennant s industrial business. The Sales Specialist will also participate in product installations and resolve any customer concerns. The ideal candidate will need to communicate at all levels internally as well as within external customers. In addition, the Sales Specialist will make decisions and direct work flow autonomously. This position includes a base salary plus incentive as well as a company vehicle, cell phone, and laptop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide sales support for the assigned geographic area to support achievement of profitable growth for the Industrial business.
* Work closely with Tennant Company teammates (i.e., IMMs, AMs, Service) to maximize operational efficiencies, including:
* transporting demonstration equipment
* conducting product installations
* providing training for Industrial customers and Strategic Alliance partners
* Targeted prospecting and independently sell assigned products/ service solutions, to drive Industrial growth and strengthen overall sales acumen, through attainment of assigned sales plan.
* Develop and maintain strong business relationships with all customers and partners.
* Demonstrate ability to independently win new assigned target accounts and sell assigned products/ service solutions, to drive Industrial growth and strengthen overall sales acumen.
* Maintain ongoing expertise of all new and existing products, services and solutions.
* Assist in the transportation of demonstration equipment between reps and regions.
* Maintain strong knowledge of all products and applications.
* Must be able to regularly load and unload equipment onto and off of the tandem axle trailer. This includes but is not limited to safely securing the equipment on the trailer via chains, winches and safety locks.
* Must be able to physically demonstrate company equipment. This includes but is not limited to climbing on and off the equipment, driving the equipment (steering, braking, operating controls on the machine), bending/squatting and pushing/pulling to point out various components of the equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Associates degree from an accredited college or university; Bachelor s degree preferred and a minimum of two years of business experience in technical sales, or a sales/service support role.
* Ability to effectively present and demonstrate products and services to a wide range of buying influences.
* Strong aptitude for presentations, demonstrations and training
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
* Organize and prioritize business and activities to make the most efficient use of time and resources.
* Develop and maintain strong knowledge with existing company technology.
* Must be able to travel 40-50% of the time, roughly two nights per week.
* Time management and prioritization: balance time between post sales follow up, new account development, demonstrations, and ongoing support.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, conflict management, and aptitude to leverage various technologies to drive efficiencies.
* Effectively use technology, including CRM, to communicate, manage data, record and retrieve customer contacts, and access essential information about our business.
* Develop and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the sales process.
* Must be able to meet DOT requirements and reporting procedures. Must pull trailers as per DOT regulations and safety.
* Must meet physical requirements of the position including ability to hook up trailers and load demonstration gear.
Tennant offers competitive salaries with an excellent benefits package, along with an environment where personal growth is encouraged. Opportunities with Tennant Company are posted online at www.tennantco.com. Interested in this opportunity? It only takes a few minutes to apply online!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.