Overnight Detention Counselor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 5/9/2017
Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
JOB DESCRIPTIONOvernight Detention Counselor (Non-Secure)
All kids need is a little help, a little hope, and somebody who believes in them
If you are passionate about making a true impact in the lives of youth, come join a team responsible for helping youth achieve their highest potential.
This position is responsible for creating a safe, therapeutic and caring environment for youth in a non-secure detention setting. The goal of the position is to ensure basic needs are met with a primary emphasis on proper supervision and interaction with all aspects of the program. This includes facility, recreational and educational activities while teaching social skills through relationship building and role-modeling.
Required Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED;
* 2 years of experience in a Human Services Agency or field
* Ability to become TCI, First/Aid CPR certified
* Ability to plan and engage youth in activities
* Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written, including attention to detail
* Ability to form therapeutic relationships with youth and families
* Ability to work with a culturally and economically diverse population
* Ability to evaluate, interpret, instruct and guide the behavior of youth and to assess and manage group dynamics
* Capable of working in a stressful environment
* Shift work; Wednesday-Saturday (11pm-7am)
* Clean and valid driver s license required as per Agency guidelines