PAINT - 1ST SHIFT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Pro Staff is seeking PAINT & PREP candidates for immediate openings in Windom, MN.
Painting needs to be capable of performing a variety of functions. The individual should be familiar with and capable of using various types of painting equipment. Maybe required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as supervision deems necessary.
Prepares surface of components and large weldments to be powder coated by removing burrs,
slag, spatter, rust, and scale. Hangs parts from racks, blasts, washes, dries parts, and applies an even coating of powder that meets company standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Successfully complete a pulmonary function test.
* Be able to follow directions to determine what color parts get painted.
* Examines and feels surface for defects.
* Determine what process should be used when cleaning and hanging parts.
* Use a variety of hand tools and machines.
* Starts grinder and moves it over surface to remove scratches, excess weld material and burrs.
* Performs light maintenance and is able to make minor repairs to equipment used.
* Removes worn abrasive discs, wheels and belts and sharpen chisels and scrapers.
* Shovels or pours abrasives such as sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper.
* Operates sandblasting machine to clean surfaces prior to painting or coating.
* Be able to move parts in and out of area.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
* Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
* Ability to perform simple shop math.
* Bend/stoop continuously-grinding, washing, painting, using sawhorses, table, or floor.
* Squat occasionally-grinding, washing, painting, and using saw horses, table, or floor.
* Kneel/crouch occasionally-grinding, washing, painting, and using saw horses, tables, or floor
* Balance continuously-working around equipment and machines
* Reach above shoulder level frequently.
* Push/pull four-wheel carts, A-frames frequently.
* Carry metal parts ranging from 1 lb. to 25 lbs. continuously.
* Carry metal parts ranging from 26 lbs. to 60 lbs. frequently.
* Carry metal parts ranging from 61 lbs. to 100 lbs. occasionally.
* Lift metal parts ranging from 1 lb. to 25 lbs. continuously.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Powder paint gun, blast booth, disc sander, hand grinder,
hand tools, pressure washer, air hose, belt sander, forklift, saw horses, jib crane, chain hoist, ear plugs, eye
protection, safety shoes, protective clothing.
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE): High School diploma or equivalent. Experience with powder coat paint process preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Forklift training certificate or the ability to receive it.
Apply via posting or send resume to email@example.com
Apply in person at:
Pro Staff in the BARC Center
1012 5th Ave - Room 20
(Direct office access at back of building)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.