This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Accountabilities
Crown Cork & Seal s North American Beverage Packaging Division has openings for Palletizers at their new manufacturing facility located in Nichols, New York. This facility will manufacture aluminum cans for the beverage industry. This position will perform a variety of equipment operations, mechanical adjustments, and quality checks, in the production and manufacture of aluminum cans of the highest quality at the lowest possible costs. This would also include the Warehouse and Palletizer areas of the production floor. Other responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
* Safety & Quality minded with willingness for excellence required in all aspects of the job.
* Responsible for the operations of one or more automated machines or equipment for the production of aluminum cans.
* Must keep lines flowing, make continuous quality checks, & minor adjustments to conveyor belts and various factory equipment.
* Accurate and continuous quality checks and recordkeeping required.
* Understand and follow verbal instructions to completion of assigned tasks.
* Keeps Production Supervisors/Managers informed of operational status of equipment and production issues.
* Follows standard operating procedures.
* Must work effectively in a team environment.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Keeps work area safe, clean, and organized.
* This position will also help to develop standard operating procedures; provide training for equipment operation and reinforce all safety protocol.
* A high school diploma or equivalent with 3+ years of production experience as well as a knowledge of production equipment and mechanical operations in a manufacturing environment.
* Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
* Effective and proven communication skills (both written and verbal) working in a team environment.
* Knowledge and work history of focusing on quality and safety in every aspect of the job.
* Must be able to work twelve (12) hour shifts, both day and evening.
* Must have the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on occasion and regularly stand, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position may also require climbing or balancing.
Crown offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/prescription/ life insurance and income protection benefits as well as a company funded pension plan, 401(K), stock purchase, tuition reimbursement and gain sharing programs. Also, as part of our Total Safety Culture, Crown is committed to the safety, health and well-being of all of our employees and their families.